Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the economics exam very hard to predict?

• 17-12-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

My teacher was saying that q1,2,3 and 7 would be the easiest to do. Then the other questions are topical and relate to whats going on around us and you need to apply the knowledge you have learnt to a particular situation and give a good answer.

How do you prepare for these others that you'd apply your knowledge to situations? Isit just be aware of whats happening around reading the newspapers, watching the news or Vincent Brown or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

What our teacher does is he will give us a bunch of figures (taken from the papers/internet) about the Irish economy sometime before the exam. You need to use current figures and relate to current situation in the economy if you wanna go for an A.

Predicting, well I'm not sure but some topics always come up, learn those. I think its Demand & Supply, Elasticity, National Income and any Factor of Production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

We have a current affairs section of our notes copies where basicall we right down crap from RTÉ and the likes and attempt to apply it to whatever we're doing.

So we'd take down important figures like unmployment, inflation, rates of interest (like marginal lenging facility, rate on bailout) etc.

TBH we haven't done enough questions that relate to the economy yet and we don't have a good grasp of whats being asked. As subz3ro said, supply & demand, elasticity etc are the old reliables - know them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

I found it quite easy to predict last year. The Edco papers I had had a complete breakdown of what has come up every year. Found that very helpful. It's made easier by the fact that you only need to do half the questions, leaves room for error.

Advertisement