Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies that don't return your call

Options
  • 17-12-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

I've had enough of this crap. The latest is 2 out of 3 not bothering to return a call for a price on insulating the house.
    Is it any wonder businesses are folding, or are they flat out and someone's kidding us about a recession.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

mattser wrote: »
    I've had enough of this crap. The latest is 2 out of 3 not bothering to return a call for a price on insulating the house.
    Is it any wonder businesses are folding, or are they flat out and someone's kidding us about a recession.

Similar problem to mine, in my case placed and add on a website (related to building, plumbing, electrician, etc trade) to do some plumbing work, a few of them replied, we contacted them by phone, after chatting to them 2 agreed they could do the job and will come over next day to look at it so they can give a quote, none of them bother to come over as agreed or even contacting us about the visit, at about 5 we sent them a text asking if they were coming but they didn't even bother replying to us.

We thought as you that the building trade could not be that bad if they don't even bother to contact us as agreed.

As we did the best option is to contact someone else to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭mattser

Nava, believe it or not, the 3rd guy, ( the one that replied ), came over on Friday, as promised, and had a look around. He said he'd come back the next day, yesterday, with prices.
    You guessed it.......no show, no call. That's 3 out of 3.
    We'd rather freeze to death now than entertain these wasters.

You'd imagine they'd be forming a queue to get business.

Only I can't stand Liveline I'd give them a buzz :mad:.

WTF is going on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kuchma2000

ChildBenefit called me back after 2 month. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    UPC never returns calls same as AA Ireland and Zurich Insurance, also bad memories of FBD Customer Service and SmartTelecom, THREE (mobile), DELL (nearly an hour to be looked after and then call dropped, called back spend another half an hour waiting), ESB.

Infact all of them are BEST of the BEST when it comes to the end of your contract or you did not make payment ontime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

UPC rarely calls me back ever. Unless of course I owe them money.

For the last year or so I've been desperately searching for someone to install a porch to keep the winter out. I agreed with the guy from a company which was installing windows for a relative and had the cash ready for him. Pure cash no messing around. He never called me back for guaranteed work. Another porch installer cancelled his visit to inspect the doorway and give a quote because he said he was stuck in traffic. I never heard from him again. I am still looking for a porch installer. Porch installers must be the secret booming recession business or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

folks it's some unsolved mystery, tradesmen and the like are great for moaning about being under-cut on prices or how slow business is and yet they carry on like this....I've been there too and it's incredible how they constantly fail to return calls when it's actually about generating new business!

Clearly they are making enough money (probably not declaring 100% of it either;)) and don't need new business.

But I think we will all agree, if they were open and honest and said they are not interested in the job then we could live with that. But it's the fact that they spin lies after lies about turning up and returning calls etc. that leads to frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

that sums up pretty much every recruitment agency.

its no wonder Bosses with jobs are choosing not to use agencies anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I've been complaining to the wife about this a lot recently.

1. Wanted a new sofa, due to odd measurements we needed one made for us. One company said they would give us a quote, we gave them measurements. Two months later no word back. We have since bought a sofa which fits our measurements from a company that appreciated our business. This was €2000 a company could have had from us but no call back so...

2. Wanted new blinds. Contacted several companies, left message asking to be called back. One called back (out of three). This company sent someone out to take measurements. Said they would be back to us with quotes. Never heard from them again. I bought roller blinds myself and cut them to fit.

Same story with plumbers, electricians etc etc. I can only assume there is plenty money around to say people don't want ours...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

If a company doesn't return my call, they just don't get my business.

I will try call another business / provider twice. If they don't respond, I'll just move on.

It can be frustrating though when you're trying to get stuff done and they treat you as if you're just a nuisance interrupting their work with offers of more business.

A few years ago I had a funny experience with an Eircom engineer who had come at the wrong time to fit an office phone.
    I told Eircom that I had a client due at 1pm, and they assured me that the engineer would be there between 10 and 12:30. He actually arrived with my client at five to one and seemed shocked when I polity turned him away!

Customer services phoned me (on my mobile) later that afternoon to arrange another time, and guess what? This time he arrived bang on time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Recently took a day off to let a locksmith and a gas service guy in. Appointments were made and agreed in advance. Neither turned up or bothered to call. I would prefare to let the boiler explode then to chase up these wasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Recently took a day off to let a locksmith and a gas service guy in. Appointments were made and agreed in advance. Neither turned up or bothered to call. I would prefare to let the boiler explode then to chase up these wasters.

which reminds me I took half a day off to receive delivery of my modem from UPC last year. They didn't turn up and I had to do the same thing again a week later. Gimps the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

You should just remove the "that" from the title........ Simple as. NEVER had one call back. Ever

Advertisement