Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One handed gaming

Options
  • 17-12-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭

Broke my right wrist last night while ice-skating and I'm now facing a forced extended time at home. Skyrim on the 360 has been my most recent obsession but that's out now. Have a few point and click adventures on Steam that will keep me busy for a few days but has anyone got some suggestions other than that genre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

DS would be the way I go, they've alot of games that you only need the one hand for as you're just manipulating the stylus. get some Phoenix Wright in you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Aw, came here to make some crack about fapping. Ouch!

Point and clickies might be the way to go. The likes of Broken Sword, Monkey Island, The Dig, any Lucasarts game (ooh ooh ooh Grim Fandango).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ouch.. that's bad luck, SF.
    What machines do you have apart from PC and 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

starcraft 2. WAR 2 any expantion, Heroes of might and magic 6

RTS will be your best friend here. they do benefit from keyboard, but if you dont play it competive you can get away just with mouse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dead or Alive beach volleyball..... oh!

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I played FFXII and tbh if I could play any other game I would have. Only finished it because it was all I had to play one handed.

Turn based RPGs are also good for one handed people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have a Wii too, but Starcraft might be worth a go alright. I picked up FFXIII recently to give it a second chance, this might be the perfect time. Cheers lads .

Have a Wii too, but Starcraft might be worth a go alright. I picked up FFXIII recently to give it a second chance, this might be the perfect time. Cheers lads .

i would strongly advice on Heroes 6 or 5 or 3 in your possition. Turnbased strategy + RPG.

check a few videos. its very unique and very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

yahoo on line chess never get board

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

um
    do not listen to anybody about starcraft, you need a keyboard to play it
    like medically *need* a keyboard

company of heroes youn could probably get by with only a mouse, and it'sn an amazing game. World in conflict maybe youn dont need a keyboard, i dont think it's a terribly fast paced game and it is also ****ing brillianht

you should go onto gog.com and look at some of the games there planescape torment is a classic rpg that's meant to be very very good and pretty long, and since it's one f them topm down clicky rpgs you wont needto use your keyboard hardly at all. they've a sale on atm so everything is way cheaper thann usual, and things are already quite cheap over there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FFXII not XIII, 13 is too fast paced.

• Advertisement

um
    do not listen to anybody about starcraft, you need a keyboard to play it
    like medically *need* a keyboard

company of heroes youn could probably get by with only a mouse, and it'sn an amazing game. World in conflict maybe youn dont need a keyboard, i dont think it's a terribly fast paced game and it is also ****ing brillianht

you should go onto gog.com and look at some of the games there planescape torment is a classic rpg that's meant to be very very good and pretty long, and since it's one f them topm down clicky rpgs you wont needto use your keyboard hardly at all. they've a sale on atm so everything is way cheaper thann usual, and things are already quite cheap over there

bull-fecking-shiet

i played SC1 when i was a small lad and i played it with mouse alone, because i was not advanced enough to use keyboard. i only stared using keyboard, when i got up to a limit with mouse.

if you are not going competitive scene, then mouse game is more then enough. you can play some campaign, do skirmish games, you can play custom maps like tower defence or line wars.

he is looking for some part-time one hand gaming, when his hand will heal, he will be able to jump in to SC2 with both hands.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Civilization games, any of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 roryok

Civ games get a +1 fro me,
    peggle is pretty good fun too, managed it with one hand when i broke my finger

Enderman wrote: »
    Civilization games, any of them!

how could i forget that!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Trackmania maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Probably a lot of puzzle games available to you. I'd suggest Osmos:

Excellent game with simple controls and 'mouse-only' option.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Angry Birds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Fella in my clan used to play FPS one handed ! was pretty decent too,

Had stuff like his right mouse to Run (W) and then a few other binds here and there. Probably wouldn't be great for the likes of BF3 which has numerous other keys needed.
    I mean the old basic ones like Mohaa, COD1-2 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Fella in my clan used to play FPS one handed ! was pretty decent too,

Had stuff like his right mouse to Run (W) and then a few other binds here and there. Probably wouldn't be great for the likes of BF3 which has numerous other keys needed.
    I mean the old basic ones like Mohaa, COD1-2 etc

Was just about to mention something similar.

Broke a few fingers on my left hand when I was younger, and was mad into CSS, so started playing it with just one had (right mouse to run was all ya needed, though with a mouse with a few extra buttons you could strafe and crouch and so forth).

By the time my left hand healed, I was so good with one hand, I had to force myself to go back to the old way.

Used to impress friends (surprised I had them with such a level of nerdism) by beating them in CSS with right hand, while playing WC3 online with left :pac:

Where there is a will, there is a way. Serious Sam would be another you could pick up on the cheap and easily play with just a mouse. Get a friend to buy it too and watch the hours fly past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Leisure-Suit Larry and that ilk perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

simDefenseGridTheAwakening19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

The Football Manager series

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Football Manager series

Christ, can't believe I forgot that one. Problem solved so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Total War series also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Simcity / the sims

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Vikings wrote: »
    Total War series also..

Couldn't agree more! I broke my arm when I fell off my bike 2 years ago, and Medieval 2:Total War sucked up about 2 weeks solid of my time.

Couldn't agree more! I broke my arm when I fell off my bike 2 years ago, and Medieval 2:Total War sucked up about 2 weeks solid of my time.

Your username is so appropriate for thread lol!

Advertisement