Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous plumbing work

Options
  • 17-12-2011 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi......does anyone know what I can do about really shoddy plumbing work done in my house, that has left it in a very dangerous position......mutifuel fire fitted and left in extremely condition..only noticed when second plumber came to repair something else and pointed out problem which could lead to an explosion if we continue to use the fire with the way its fitted......what can i do about this, we paid big money to original plumber and have now to get this fixed and it's such a dangerous situation to have left anyone in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Id always get a second opinion on that, the second plumber could be trying to spoof you out of money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

have you contacted the original plumber to get his views

maybe try the plumbing forum
    the boys here are great

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1320

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

A few pics and details would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

adru wrote: »
    Hi......does anyone know what I can do about really shoddy plumbing work done in my house, that has left it in a very dangerous position......mutifuel fire fitted and left in extremely condition..only noticed when second plumber came to repair something else and pointed out problem which could lead to an explosion if we continue to use the fire with the way its fitted......what can i do about this, we paid big money to original plumber and have now to get this fixed and it's such a dangerous situation to have left anyone in

I'd be very worried if its in a "extremely condition".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adru

Tks for comments.....I will get second opinion but I am inclined to believe second plumber due to other problems that have arisen with 1st plumbers work..........as I'm completely ignorant of plumbing, far as I remember 2nd chap said we have no gravity pipe and something else was missing, he also said if the pump broke or the there was a power cut, there was no way of releasing the hot water, we would have to run hot tap.......we were not aware of this.........I will post photos and will definately get another opinion and will then talk with original plumber.....tks again for advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement