Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPad 2 Advice/help needed

• 17-12-2011 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Afternoon All.

Need some help/advice on ipad2. I am thinking of getting my girlfriend one but I know F all about them, firstly can you connect a printer to them? Through a USB connection?

Secondly, the 3G. She used one of those pre-pay 3G sticks you get off the likes of meteor & vodafone for her laptop for internet so can one of these sticks be connected to the ipad and it receive internet without me actually having to buy an ipad with the 3G option? Or does it require the 3G option to do this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

You can't buy a USB dongle for an iPad. The simplest option is to buy a 3G iPad, but that is a lot more expensive.

You have two choices if you just get a Wifi iPad:

1. Connect to the Internet via a mobile phone using Bluetooth or Wifi - this is called tethering and data usage may be included in your mobile data plan (though it could be extra).

2. Get a "MiFi" device - its basically a portable WiFi router with a Sim card in it. You carry this in your pocket whilst using the iPad out and about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

As for printing - only a limited number of printers are supported. They connect wirelessly.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

Hi I just got the iPad 2 and want to watch rte real player but apple won't allow adobe flash player download. Does anybody know a way around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Highland wrote: »
    Hi I just got the iPad 2 and want to watch rte real player but apple won't allow adobe flash player download. Does anybody know a way around this?

My mate uses this app to watch Flash based videos on his Apple device

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyfire-web-browser/id384941497?mt=8

Not sure about Rte real player,sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Rte player app

• Advertisement
Advertisement