Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend in Switzerland

Options
  • 17-12-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey

My girlfriend from Scotland is working in Switzerland for the next 6 months. She has a UK Orange Sim on Blackberry. I'm with Three on a HTC.

Does anybody know what the best option would be to keep costs down for calling and texting each other? Its turning out v expensive as to contact one another. She disables her roaming data to avoid the costs, so only when shes in her apartment with wifi can we use watsapp, viber, skype etc.

Should I try get an orange sim card and add her as my special number or should are there any services like Three Like Home for orange customers. If she could get data while out of her apartment we'd be fine!

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Keep the long chats to when she is the Apt on wi-fi and use webtexts to send her texts otherwise (Intl texts from Vodafone & o2).

She can probably use a webtext approach to reply to you while at work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can she just buy a local Swiss payg sim with some data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Can she just buy a local Swiss payg sim with some data?
    make sense to me!?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kavanaa1

Thanks for responses..

But if she buys a swiss sim card, it'll still cost both of us to ring the other?

Wish orange uk had a "three like home" solution where she could continue getting her data at no extra cost while on the orange swiss network!

dont think there'll be a magic solution to this one!
    on an aside, are there any alternatives to viber for the blackberry? ive an android with viber but its not out for the blackberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A Swiss sim in a cheapo android phone, and then she can put Viber on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement