Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why we are not RATTLED by SOPA?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ireland - land of the brown envelope. Shure it'll be grand lads :rolleyes:

In other news, proxy subscriptions rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

jtOGB.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

http://stopsopaireland.com/

Well, it's our turn now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

http://stopsopaireland.com/

Well, it's our turn now!

No doubt we'll be up against this fella at some stage, it's a monumental ask

0001d0be0D2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Oh, sure, I can't be put into an American Jail as I'm here in Ireland

yes

you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ffs... so there is a muppet in ireland which want to lick balls and try out sopa thing too...

signed.

i even opened my facebook page ( not used in months ) to put up that website. the things i do for love internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the things i do for love internet.

sure theyre the same thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

A question for people in the know about how these laws would work..
    People have pointed out that the likes of Youtube and Facebook could be blocked because of these types of laws, if someone puts up a copyrighted image or clip. But how would this effect modding communities? I'm talking about the likes of someone modding pokemon into Fallout:

Could that, under the likes of SOPA, be described as copyright infringement? Could the site hosting the mod be blocked?
    What about online moddable games like Minecraft? Someone painstakingly recreates Mario 1-1 on their server:

Could someone cry foul have the server blocked?

Just a thought.

Advertisement