Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing and lures newbie question

Options
  • 17-12-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Is it possible or worthwhile to use lures or spinners while fishing from
    a beach as i dislike worms as bait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

If your near a beach there more then likely would be a rocky shore close to it, best bet would be use your lures and spinners over a kelp bed or rocky shore,it could produce pollock, coalie, bass and few other species.

Fishing in open water off a beach im not sure if it is very good but I know if there is a channel running close by you could have a chance of catching sea trout but you need a liecense for that. And bass can be caught with a variety of lures, surface poppers being a favourite for some anglers.

My knowledge isnt great on sea fishing but hope this may help in some ways.

Tight lines mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What about crab, sandeel, squid or mackerel as bait? I'm the same, I'd rather not fish than use rag worm. Horrible stuff.

Advertisement