Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Logo

Options
  • 17-12-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

with clan logos being added to our tanks shortly and the area covered is roughly the same size as the current country emblems on tanks ( small ) . our current logo would just look like a blob on the tanks , but also on the global map.

can some1 with a bit of photoshop talent create a new logo.
    you need a 64x64 , a 32x32 and a 24x24 with transparent borders.
    it cant have much detail. look at the global map for ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

Simplest thing that comes to mind...

185550.png

185551.png

185552.png

But then something else, inspired by national insignia

185555.png

185556.png

185557.png

More inspirations here:
    http://www.irishmilitaryinsignia.com/

(We are the cavalry, I understand)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I think it might be best to avoid the use of an Irish flag, since we're not a nationality based or bound clan, and given the Iron Immortals lads are mostly non-Irish it doesn't seem quite right.

Plus there's already the logo by Dublin_Gunner as used in my avatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

how about a shell with BIE on it? or something more tank orientated rather than nationalistic for the reasons mentioned above.

or something monochrome, they tend to scale well and be clear enough for icons etc.

yes I'm making suggestions without putting forward any attempts, why? because my photoshop skills are lacking. :-/

Would we take it to the photoshop/digital arts forum? some cracking lads and ladies doing pro bono work.

BIE.Ryaner wrote: »
    how about a shell with BIE on it? or something more tank orientated rather than nationalistic for the reasons mentioned above.

Yet there's an "IE" in the name :D
    BIE.Ryaner wrote: »
    Would we take it to the photoshop/digital arts forum? some cracking lads and ladies doing pro bono work.

That's a very good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I was considering modifying the current one without the tank emerging from it.

It would still retain the gritty look, and obviously be recognisable as the boards logo from any distance.

While we could go through any multitude of designs, as the clan is representative of boards.ie I feel it would be prudent to ensure that follows through with the logo. Hence the reason for doing that one in the first place.

I had done a completely different one before, but would not have transferred well onto the global map, so decided to modify the boards.ie logo for our own usage.

These are my opinions oobviously, and if anyone has any better idea's go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

was just posting on the blind there, if people have put in the effort and there are usable logos already then great. I thought we were starting from scratch.

67b72.png

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

thats too big , would take up half my screen :D

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    thats too big , would take up half my screen :D

Luckily, since the advent of computers, these things can be resized :P

• Advertisement

88616.jpg

Just quickly chucked it on an old screenie I had. Its not perfect, but gives you an idea.

Advertisement