Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPS/dedicated server: bandwith?

Options
  • 17-12-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

n00b question here:

I've been looking at a couple of Irish data centers for a personal project that requires a relatively fast connection.

It needs to be in Ireland (latency, carrier throttling etc) with high up/down bandwith.

I know Blacknight show their speeds, but to be honest I don't need all that power, it would be only running a VPN.

Does anyone know a data center which shows their speeds and for a reasonable price? I hear AWS has very iffy speeds...

Thanks.

EDIT: Should add reason I'm not going for a VPN provider is because I will be fiddling at the server side. Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'm a bit confused by your query.

If you don't deal with a company such as ourselves and go direct to a data centre it's going to cost you a LOT more than what companies like us charge for a virtual server...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Blacknight wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by your query.

If you don't deal with a company such as ourselves and go direct to a data centre it's going to cost you a LOT more than what companies like us charge for a virtual server...

Thanks for your reply,

I apologise, I should have been clearer.

By data center, I meant a hosting provider.

I would like a VPS instance with little processing power but high link speed.

While your 10Mbps instance is a VERY good deal, I would need ~20Mbps in a single instance.

Thanks again.

Advertisement