Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity bill

Options
  • 17-12-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Anybody know what "journal" means on a bill. My elderly mother has received a WHOPPING bill of Eur 977 including Journal of Eur 775. Her direct debit is due out of her account on Tuesday and I'll need to stop it perhaps. Anyone any ideas? Please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ring them and find out.
    Sounds like a manual adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I agree with whiskeyman - it sounds like some form of manual adjustment. Better ring them tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

I'll update when I find out but it is a serious amount of money.:mad:

Do you know if her previous bills were based on estimated usage, or actual meter readings?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

What has happened is that someone else was paying a few bob every few weeks into the wrong Airtricity Account i.e. my mother's. When this woman went looking for her credit they discovered the error.

My mother being 88 was oblivious to the fact that she was paying very little for her power and because it was on direct debit and she is fiercely independent we didn't pay much attention to the amount:mad:. Lesson learned. Anyhow, we have agreed that she will pay 300 now and 300 spread over the next few months. I have cancelled the direct debit and will pay on line instead so I can see what is going on. One step forward and two back!!!

• Advertisement

The explanation makes sense - an unfortunate error really. The main thing is that they help develop a payment plan to help her her manage the payments over a reasonable period,

Advertisement