Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Taxi's RateMyArea deal is a rip off

Options
  • 17-12-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I called the company to see how much a taxi was to the airport today as RateMyArea has a deal today for a €20 voucher for €10 HOWEVER, it is €65 one way when I called about it and when he found out I was thinking about buying the ad they put on RateMyArea today he told me "to get the bus" and he hung up. If you ever stand at an AerBus stop you will get at least 2-3 taxi's that stop and offer to take you for €10 so don't waste your money. Happy Christmas to all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

unless you're in Co. Wicklow or somewhere like that, charging €65 would be illegal.

there are very strict maximum fare rates which they have to follow, and any of the old "airport charges" or other surcharges have been banned.

don't be afraid to report them to the Taxi Regulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Terms & Conditions (the fine print!)

For use on saloon car journeys only
    Only one voucher can be used per journey
    Multiples may be purchased
    Voucher valid for 6 months; valid until June 30th 2012; valid 24/7
    Valid for transfer to/from airport; to/from anywhere in Leinster
    Longer non-airport trips (€50+) are eligible for this deal
    This Voucher has no monetary value; there are no cash refunds
    Bookings must be made no later than 2 hours in advance of journey
    Please provide your address, no. of passengers travelling & baggage quantity when booking
    Additional 10 Euro off your next trip over €30
    Text booking available for those with hearing/speech problems on 086-8208108

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

<SNIP> Please stay on topic. If you want to highlight this matter, please do so in the correct forum. dudara

Here is another Scam rip off only against taxi drivers

Advertisement