Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen heating oil

Options
  • 17-12-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Just a heads up to anyone in the Phibsboro/Stoneybatter area, fairly sure our heating oil just got stolen in the last day or two, thankfully we'd only bought about 200 euros worth and were going to buy more after Christmas, can't believe this has happened though, gonna be freezing for the next week!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Make sure to lock your lids, put up Pir lights (High), buy a cheep doggy bowl and fill with water and leave just inside your gate, they are following the oil trucks on their deliveries looking for easy pickings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

nudger wrote: »
    Make sure to lock your lids, put up Pir lights (High), buy a cheep doggy bowl and fill with water and leave just inside your gate, they are following the oil trucks on their deliveries looking for easy pickings.

With what? another tanker?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

kona wrote: »

fairly bad down my way too,

what they have is a big 1100 litre tank in a van all connected to a pump pull up beside oil tank and emtey in less than 20mins,also pump is hand held and into 5litre drums,

these scumbags are well advanced at this thing and have all the tools:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

fairly bad down my way too,

what they have is a big 1100 litre tank in a van all connected to a pump pull up beside oil tank and emtey in less than 20mins,also pump is hand held and into 5litre drums,

these scumbags are well advanced at this thing and have all the tools:mad:

they pump out hundreds of litres with a hand pump? Be easier to just undo the union at the bottom with a spanner and let gravity do the rest.

Such a poxy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

they pump out hundreds of litres with a hand pump? Be easier to just undo the union at the bottom with a spanner and let gravity do the rest.

Such a poxy thing to do.

no no the pump is run off a battery all connected to the van.

the hand pump is connected to a truck battery if they cant pull up beside tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭odnauq

nudger wrote: »
    buy a cheep doggy bowl and fill with water and leave just inside your gate,
    The folks following the delivery truck will make a list of doggy bowls and visit you later :-)

Follow in cars, vans, find easy ones, semi d's with side gates, come back later.

odnauq wrote: »
    The folks following the delivery truck will make a list of doggy bowls and visit you later :-)

My doggy bowls are backed up with big teeth, and then there's the dogs as well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

Stolen heating oil for sale pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

jonevin wrote: »
    Stolen heating oil for sale pm me

ಠ_ಠ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

If I happen to be there if they come back again they'll wish it was just a dog by the time I'm done with them! :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

They used to do that quite a bit when i worked in Santry..the tank we had was huge and it was being ripped regularly.

One time they lit a fire in the tank for good measure.

Advertisement