Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man steals child's scooter outside Spar in Knocklyon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I saw this on another site and just posted it in the links section of AH just now. Scummy thing to do alright, hope he gets spotted

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

free christmas present for his kid right there...in a recession its to be expected that thieving would be at an all time high..

the guy is clearly an amateur thief,he stood around for way too long inspecting that scooter,he shoulda just picked it up as he was walking past and kept moving..

sucks that it happens but dont people know better these days that there are people out there who will gladly rob the eye out of your head given the chance..

cant blame the charity woman for not stopping the guy,not really any of her business,she coulda easily got attacked had she interviened.. kids parents are at fault in this as they shoulda had the kid knowing better than leaving his possessions lying around outside shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

he was driving a fairly new Audi A4 the dirty fúckin bástard..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I reckon Horatio needs to have a look at the car reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

CyberJuice wrote: »

cant blame the charity woman for not stopping the guy,not really any of her business,she coulda easily got attacked had she interviened.
    Yeah, but she could have used her camera phone to take a discreet snap of the car reg.

The best response to this is to share the vid far and wide - facebook, linkedin etc. Somebody will recognise the guy, given the location, car and clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,946 ✭✭✭✭listermint

its a bit sad that the management company are such money grabbing bandits makes them scumbags too. They can afford to give 5 minutes footage to this guy.

Ridiculous

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

listermint wrote: »
    its a bit sad that the management company are such money grabbing bandits makes them scumbags too. They can afford to give 5 minutes footage to this guy.

Ridiculous

What are you talking about? :confused: Would you prefer they had no CCTV network?

TBH, I'm amazed that the scooter lasted long enough for the guy to take it. Anyone; child, teenager or adult could have walked off with it. It was drummed into me as a child never to leave anything like that unattended without locking it. I know those shops and they're not a nice place at any time with a lot of groups hanging around them. It was a scummy thing to do, but there are a lot of scummy people out there...

Tabnabs wrote: »
    What are you talking about? :confused: Would you prefer they had no CCTV network?

TBH, I'm amazed that the scooter lasted long enough for the guy to take it. Anyone; child, teenager or adult could have walked off with it. It was drummed into me as a child never to leave anything like that unattended without locking it. I know those shops and they're not a nice place at any time with a lot of groups hanging around them. It was a scummy thing to do, but there are a lot of scummy people out there...

Sorry What are you confused about? The Spar kindly handed over the footage here but the management company could hand over 5 minutes footage without asking for 120 Euro Charge for the privilege? Pretty scumbaggy of the management company to do no ?

Everyones out to make a fast buck......

what reason do you have for protecting the management company here ? they are paid by all of the retail outfits and apartments to provide CCTV coverage. Also just because the child left is scooter outside doesnt make it alright for some complete w***bag to walk off with it so stop that nonsense too.

Devils advocate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

With the amount of interest in this I would say it'll only be a matter of time before the culprit is identified

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

listermint wrote: »
    Sorry What are you confused about? The Spar kindly handed over the footage here but the management company could hand over 5 minutes footage without asking for 120 Euro Charge for the privilege? Pretty scumbaggy of the management company to do no ?

Everyones out to make a fast buck......

what reason do you have for protecting the management company here ? they are paid by all of the retail outfits and apartments to provide CCTV coverage. Also just because the child left is scooter outside doesnt make it alright for some complete w***bag to walk off with it so stop that nonsense too.

Devils advocate :rolleyes:

Lol, high horse much? :rolleyes: The OP was posted on Saturday which is when I saw it, the information you're ranting about wasn't disclosed until yesterday. Your lack of a source for your little diatribe makes you sound a little deranged. Why don't you wind your neck in a bit and take a deep breath before you press Submit :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lol, high horse much? :rolleyes: The OP was posted on Saturday which is when I saw it, the information you're ranting about wasn't disclosed until yesterday. Your lack of a source for your little diatribe makes you sound a little deranged. Why don't you wind your neck in a bit and take a deep breath before you press Submit :rolleyes:

Wind my neck down?

I think you will find you need to do more reading in future before you post a snide retort to someone.

I shouldnt have to do research for you but if you read the youtube clip. The owner of the clip and father of the child in the vid makes note of the cost and the fact that the management company were so unhelpful.

I take apologies in the post, but il let this one slide its christmas after all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

TBH, I'm amazed that the scooter lasted long enough for the guy to take it. Anyone; child, teenager or adult could have walked off with it. It was drummed into me as a child never to leave anything like that unattended without locking it. I know those shops and they're not a nice place at any time with a lot of groups hanging around them. It was a scummy thing to do, but there are a lot of scummy people out there...[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that is my Local spar is it the one in Woodstown and that is complete crap I never see lot of groups hanging around there and it is perfectly safe - you occasionaly get some of the Traveller kids there who are banned from the shops but my kids often go in and leave their bikes there for a minute or so but we do keep an eye out. Agreed it is a really scummy thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I really hope this guy gets caught, named and shamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Just to clarify, the Father of the child wrote this on YouTube:

"Thanks for all the comments my son was still in the shop when the flicker was stolen . The people in the shop as always been nothing but very helpfull. the reason why I posted it was the police done nothing and the management company the has camera's on cars leaving the carpark told me I would have to pay €120 for the footage of the car leaving the carpark. . People that don't pay the M50 toll go to court. You steel €70 flicker and the family have pay €120 to catch the thief. So FB & UT"

If the car park management handed over the footage of the car leaving, I'm guessing they could get the reg number no problem. Why the polce aren't requesting this footage, I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I can confirm the Flicker has been returned to the shop it is currently in police custody. Thanks for all the support I will remove the video and wish everyone a happy Christmas.

Latest message on YouTube from the father of the child who had his Flicker stolen.

I'd be inclined to keep the video there - just for the record!

lesson learned,next time dont allow your children to leave stuff unattended anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Er, how can the management company cannot refuse to give the video out?otherwise they are with holding evidence in a crime? But i imagine the guards would have to request it

Skatedude wrote: »
    Er, how can the management company cannot refuse to give the video out?otherwise they are with holding evidence in a crime? But i imagine the guards would have to request it

the guards dont care about chasing after pushbikes and childrens scooters that get stolen.. they know that the majority of the times these items are sold on within a matter of days,they wil rarely get the item back, what can they do?they look at some grainy footage of a guy outside a shop jump on a bike and ride off,was just lucky in this instance that a car was involved so there may be the possibility of a reg on the camera.

99 percent of the time items like this that are stolen outside of a shop are not recovered and nobody is prosocuted.what is the punishment anyways if someone is caught red handed? they might go to court and get a 50 euro fine at best.. police cant be bothered goin to court for this when they could be goin after other crimes like home burglaries - drug dealers- GBH - car theft and so on..

CyberJuice wrote: »
    they might go to court and get a 50 euro fine at best.. police cant be bothered goin to court for this when they could be goin after other crimes like home burglaries - drug dealers- GBH - car theft and so on..

If only all paid jobs worked like this.

• Advertisement

If only all paid jobs worked like this.

Do Microsoft send a crack team of investigators round your house every time your PC crashes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

This has been all sorted ages ago, thought it was his kids one that had been taken on him so he thought he would take it back. see Dublin city forum.

Do Microsoft send a crack team of investigators round your house every time your PC crashes?

Are they paid to?

Are they paid to?

Yes, in the same way that the Guards are paid to deal with minor issues.

Well I'll certainly take my business to another company that performs the duties they're supposed to.
    Except you can't do that with public services.

Although a better simile would have been getting in touch with microsoft to begin with, dealing with their customer service and the person on the end of the line telling you not to bother them, they're too busy with other things and couldn't possibly devote any of their time to carrying out their statement of purpose.

Well I'll certainly take my business to another company that performs the duties they're supposed to.
    And where are these mythical providers of service that drop everything to deal with your minor issue every time you call? And when they get the next call with an even more minor issue, are you happy for them to drop your issue to deal with the even more minor issue? Would you like to name one or two service providers that operate this model of completely ignoring any the importance, significance or priority of issues that come their way?
    Except you can't do that with public services.
    So what do you want - two Gardai forces?
    Although a better simile would have been getting in touch with microsoft to begin with, dealing with their customer service and the person on the end of the line telling you not to bother them, they're too busy with other things and couldn't possibly devote any of their time to carrying out their statement of purpose.
    You'd be lucky to get through to any Microsoft support line, but I can just imagine the response you'll get when you call with a very minor issue. You'll hear an IVR message telling you to reboot your PC first, if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Garda bashing thread is that way ---->

You need more coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

No it's not the same, you get web Support off microsoft because you have purchased one of their products, if you want one to one support you pay extra, where as your Taxes pay the Garda's wages, their main function is to protect the public and uphold the laws of the land.

21/25

• Advertisement
Advertisement