Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New E-Tac

Options
  • 17-12-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Finally in production. Our new 2012 E-Tac.
    All Carbon/Kevlar sandwich construction. Unique roving wrap and hand lay up method leads to an ultra stiff and light stock. The cheek piece is seperately moulded and also all carbon. This stock weighs 1042grams complete with buttpad and swivel studs. For FTR competitions we can make them a bit lighter if needed...or heavier.
    One advantage of a light stock is that the overall centre of gravity will be closer to the bore line and reduce muzzle flip.
    The stock is made to take a remington style short action and also take a BDL style bottom drop plate. In other words a bog standard Remington SPS short action will fit as will clones with Remmy footprint. Barrel channel will take up to 32mm no taper.

E-Tac2.jpg

E-Tac3.jpg

E-Tac1.jpg

edi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Excellent :)

Any prices yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

its a thing of beauty, well done

can i have one of them to suit my sako

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Great looking stock Edi
    Better looking than a Mcmillan or Manners and a lot lighter too.
    I think your going to have a busy year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

What a beauty!

Q1 - Are you going to make the necessary hardware fix for a butt-spike?

Q2 - It looks like the cheek-piece adjuster clamp fits the other way through [for leftie shooters] - does it?

Q3 - Or are you going to make a leftie version?

Q4 - Will they be for sale outside the RoI?

Q5 - If yes, do you need an agent in UK... :=)

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Thanks for the kind words.

Gunhappy, we wanted to make a few stocks first and try find out actual production costs. They are quite labour intensive. Also I'm redesigning the cheek fixing clamp screws. Might just have an introduction price for now.

Poulo, bring your sako to the shop and we can have a look if we could convert one.

Zeissman, thanks. Looking forward to next year.

Tac Foley, we export world wide. I have not figured out though what happens with US export restrictions if we need to get a stock back to Ireland from the states.

edi

• Advertisement

Uh, 'Q5 - If yes, do you need an agent in UK... :=)

tac is enough of a name, poor one tho' it might be ;=)

ejg wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words.

Gunhappy, we wanted to make a few stocks first and try find out actual production costs. They are quite labour intensive. Also I'm redesigning the cheek fixing clamp screws. Might just have an introduction price for now.

Poulo, bring your sako to the shop and we can have a look if we could convert one.

Zeissman, thanks. Looking forward to next year.

Tac Foley, we export world wide. I have not figured out though what happens with US export restrictions if we need to get a stock back to Ireland from the states.

edi

i will have to get down to you asap....

why were you not at the last STAGS shoot in midlands

tac foley wrote: »
    What a beauty!

Q1 - Are you going to make the necessary hardware fix for a butt-spike?
    I'll be looking at that and wanted the cheek piece to be sprung loaded too. Maybe a spacer system for the LOP.

Q2 - It looks like the cheek-piece adjuster clamp fits the other way through [for leftie shooters] - does it? Yes, clamping can be swopped around.

Q3 - Or are you going to make a leftie version?
    We'll start by converting the stock to left hand inlet because I presume the will not be huge numbers. We have converted a few T3 stocks lately and it worked quite well.

Q4 - Will they be for sale outside the RoI? Yes

Q5 - If yes, do you need an agent in UK... :=)
    :)We try to avoid having agents as it gets complicated with custom orders. Brock & Norris in the UK have stocks from us for some time already.

tac

edi

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    i will have to get down to you asap....

why were you not at the last STAGS shoot in midlands

Poulo, I'll try to get to the next one. You did very well I heard.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

Would it take much to convert to CZ550 long action?

• Advertisement

@edi - Thank you, Sir, for the answers to my queries. Today I pointed a few other shooters in my little club [only 248 members and now closed for membership] at this thread - perhaps it might generate some interest.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Damnation I'm trying to save money, this is not helping :o

I like that Edi, like it a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

johngalway wrote: »
    Damnation I'm trying to save money, this is not helping :o

I like that Edi, like it a lot!

+1

i'd like it for my .223.

Very pleased with Edi's work 1 year on.

@Edi, what colours are available?

Tac, thank you, that's great. We have been approached by Canadian shops in the past as they seemed to have had difficulties getting supplies from the US.

Jingojonson, I have no idea. Best would be to hold the barrelled action into the stock and see if it were possible. Conversions take a lot of time and can get costly. One advantage though, when converting the stock we bed the action and bottom metal in the process.
    edi

Tackleberry, thanks. Colours, whatever my supplier has. He can supply within a week what he has on stock.
    Otherwise any duracoat colour within a few weeks.
    Gunhappy can do the cammo jobs..... we havn't looked into that yet.

Thanks John,

edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

Looks massive edi :)

Must pop in soon and have a look.
    I'll bring along my new toy too.

Aurin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

ejg wrote: »
    E-Tac2.jpg

The more I look at this the more i like it, the best of luck with this in the future.

Thanks Aurin & Deeks..

The E-Tac is made for function and I can't wait to do a bit of longer range target shooting with it. The shooting position is lovely and when dry firing everything seems so steady. My rifle is a stainless remington with a Border cut barrel in 243 fitted by Fergal White. Hopefully be good for the 300yd range.

edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Got my hands on your stock today.

I am very happy with it!
    It feels perfect in my hand.
    Can't wait for the rifle to be ready now.

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

well wear. did you go for the standard or light weight stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

It is around the 2lb mark.

Have a 32" Bull Barrel going on so had to keep weight down where I could

• Advertisement
Advertisement