Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the best feed for outlayers?

• 17-12-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

hello all, am new to boards this eve,
    i have seven 18 month old bullocks (would lke to have more weanlings but they a bit to dear) and they are outwintered, just wondering what yous think on the best feed and amounts off it to give them.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

massey265 wrote: »
    hello all, am new to boards this eve,
    i have seven 18 month old bullocks (would lke to have more weanlings but they a bit to dear) and they are outwintered, just wondering what yous think on the best feed and amounts off it to give them.:)

This is a broad enough question because there are several factors that come into play, like breed, condition, and what you intend doing with them later.
    If I assume they are going to be finished next backend or sooner, I would have them ad lid on good quality silage and feed a few lbs of ration per head per day.
    I would also leave a beef mineral lick out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

They are a mix of charolais x and limousin x they good condition and i intend to finish them at the backend of the year,Am feeding silage and about 2kg off beef ration each a day, never thought off givin them a lick tho!

Also when it comes to finishing them what is the best way off goin about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

massey265 wrote: »
    never thought off givin them a lick tho!

Don't let anyone see ya!:D

Also when it comes to finishing them what is the best way of goin about it?

They're getting a good do so. In my opinion the best way to finish cattle is to pay attention to grass quality, and keep them with good quality grass ahead of them throughout the season.
    Don't wait untill they have no grass before feeding them meal later on in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

ha bizzum in your experience is it not good to get caught?:D
    now the grass wouldn be off the greatest quality (west donegal land doesnt tend to be) maybe feed them sooner wit beefnuts to supplement them along wit the grass?

Advertisement