Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti or SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 6950

Options
  • 17-12-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

I am getting a new GFX since I am not really wanting to use the GFX the manufacturer will be giving back to me soon, so which would you go for, I hear NVIDIA have a higher defective rate, any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The 6950 is better, but usually more expensive. If you are getting them for the same/similar price, get the 6950.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Price isn't an option really, would it have the same running power as the 560TI, and I had a 560TI in my PC before, will the swap of a NVIDIA to a Radeon cause any problems?

It consumes less power than a 560 Ti so no problems there. As long as you uninstall the NVidia drivers and download the latest AMD ones from here you'll be fine.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I wont be able uninstall the drivers until I put the Radeon in, over all just using as a visual card until I get all the drivers and what not organized will it be grand?

Yeah, it will run at a low resolution though until you get the new drivers.

Advertisement