Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General question on graphic design

Options
  • 17-12-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about getting into photoshop,web design and brochure design. Is there a future or is it all Facebook now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kopite4 wrote: »
    I am thinking about getting into photoshop,web design and brochure design. Is there a future or is it all Facebook now.

Is what all facebook now? You still need logos, brochures, websites and graphic designers when having a facebook presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

Do you know any good courses I could do,wanna to make a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kopite4 wrote: »
    Do you know any good courses I could do,wanna to make a good choice.

Well I'd start with a BDs in Graphic Design. Its a tough market out there, and without experience your not going to get a look in without a graphic design related degree these days. My girlfriends course of over two years ago has managed a respectable five jobs out of twenty five(I joke, two are in a biscuit factory). Then I suppose you could look at Adobe ACE exams to set yourself ahead of the curve, photoshop and indesign being the top two. As a niche field, web design and coding is the most likely field for future proofing but the old favourites of print media are still alive and kicking.

Lastly I suppose would be heading to http://www.creativeireland.com/ since this particular subforum is not really about graphic design, but more about pc graphics(mainly gaming).

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

Anything good graphic web design Course out side Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

Sonye wrote: »
    It is worth getting in to.... And I think groupon had a great deal on last week with a course €180 of up to €1300. Off the original price...

• Advertisement
Advertisement