Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AVI video files to iPad

• 17-12-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭

Hi, ive got a few .avi files on my macbook that i need to put onto an ipad2 for a mate. Ive never had an ipad so im not sure what the story is with moving them over. Im aware that they need to be mp4. is there a converter that anyone can recommend, or any other way of putting files onto the ipad.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

you can just download one of many player to play them

Oplayer - lets you stream from pc
    Buzz player - lets you download from internet

alternately you can jailbreak and install xbmc, which I personally think is the best.

with oplayer and buzz you can sync the avi files with itunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

kjl wrote: »
    you can just download one of many player to play them

Oplayer - lets you stream from pc
    Buzz player - lets you download from internet

alternately you can jailbreak and install xbmc, which I personally think is the best.

with oplayer and buzz you can sync the avi files with itunes

Yeah i need to just basically fill the ipad with videos and films for him while he is travling, so streaming from pc wouldnt work.

Can ipad 2 be jailbroken? its brand new so its on 5.0.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Yeah i need to just basically fill the ipad with videos and films for him while he is travling, so streaming from pc wouldnt work.

Can ipad 2 be jailbroken? its brand new so its on 5.0.

you can do that with oplayer, simply install it, then connect to itunes, goto ipad -> applications tab and scroll to the end and you will see a place where you can drag and drop avi files into the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Your a legend mate. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

If you could get the VLC, it's better.
    But I think there are not available any more.
    But you could tru some free tools to do converting for you:
    Handbrake: http://handbrake.fr/ Use the iPad preset.
    Free iPad video converter: http://www.aneesoft.com/win-free-ipad-video-converter.html totally free for Windoz but the input formats are limited

Advertisement