Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got paid yesterday, nothing in my visa debit card?

• 17-12-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm with Permanent TSB. I got paid yesterday (payslip proved this) but when I went to the ATM, my current account showed that I had nothing there. Prior to this, the only other time using it was when I got a grant from the VEC in February.

As far as I know, the card isn't fully registered for Open24 but does this matter? I could check my account through the bank itself but wouldn't it show up in my Visa Debit Card? Sorry for any confusion caused, I'm totally new to this stuff!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Skiex

I get my payslips friday as well.

Money wont be in my account until monday morning.

With tsb as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Skiex wrote: »
    I get my payslips friday as well.

Money wont be in my account until monday morning.

With tsb as well.

The manager did say that everyone else were BOI and using Laser cards and it could take a few days to go to my current account.

That really sucks if I have missed a weekend of potential christmas shopping :P Any way to speed this up?

Yea, in my place they're AIB and the employees with AIB get paid that day / next day. Everyone else, saturday / monday.

Not really, its just the bank taking time to process it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Not really, its just the bank taking time to process it
    I believe this in an incorrect statement. All the banks offer a salary payment scheme and if your employeer avails of this then their bank guarantees that all salaries will be available for all employees on the day they are due irrespective of what bank they use(assuming your employeer submits details on time).

I would think based on what you are saying is that your employeer it not using this scheme and is using bank transfers on the day you are due your wages.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

amen wrote: »
    I believe this in an incorrect statement. All the banks offer a salary payment scheme and if your employeer avails of this then their bank guarantees that all salaries will be available for all employees on the day they are due irrespective of what bank they use(assuming your employeer submits details on time).

I would think based on what you are saying is that your employeer it not using this scheme and is using bank transfers on the day you are due your wages.

Interesting. Is there an additional charge for that?

• Advertisement

amen wrote: »

Didn't know such a scheme exists. I should of said "time to transfer" instead of processing.

But yea, sounds like they dont use it, my company doesn't either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

If your money is due in on Monday then it should be available from Saturday morning.

Advertisement