Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand buyers guide

Options
  • 17-12-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

i cant afford a new ps3

so any advice on buying a second hand unit would be great :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

i cant afford a new ps3

so any advice on buying a second hand unit would be great :D
    Adverts is best place but make sure you see it working before handing over the cash and that they have good comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Well if you live in dublin. No point getting 2nd hand ps3's in gamestop. I was in town goin to 3 gamestop and only one had one available used ps3 (160 gig) and its just the same price as getting a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Rather than start a new thread, is the advise above still relevant? I am looking into getting a PS3 for the kids, younger ones keep taken the older lads Xbox to play minecraft. No point in getting another Xbox 360, So I was thinking about getting a PS3 and setting it up elsewhere for the kids.

I am concerned about buying second hand, prices I have seen I don't know if they would be near the mark, seen between €90 - €150. Is there anything, apart from seeing it work, that I should be looking for?

I know zero about consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Rather than start a new thread, is the advise above still relevant? I am looking into getting a PS3 for the kids, younger ones keep taken the older lads Xbox to play minecraft. No point in getting another Xbox 360, So I was thinking about getting a PS3 and setting it up elsewhere for the kids.

I am concerned about buying second hand, prices I have seen I don't know if they would be near the mark, seen between €90 - €150. Is there anything, apart from seeing it work, that I should be looking for?

I know zero about consoles.

Just make sure you get a slim model ,as new as possible ,with good controllers (not rubber worn off thumbsticks type) . You should be good to go for about €100 with 2 pads and some games from Adverts.

example,
    http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps3-x3-controllers-and-games/7853525

This is not my console...its an example;)

Advertisement