Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IELTS score and Leaving Cert English equivalent grade

Options
  • 17-12-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Just a quickie...

Has anyone out there who passed honours English (e.g. say a C grade) in the Leaving Cert had difficulty getting an overall score of 8 in the IELTS general test?

Some have said in this forum that the IELTS is a breeze once you've done English at Leaving Cert level, but from looking at some sample papers I have the impression that the two tests might be a bit like chalk and cheese in some respects, especially the IELTS writing one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Have not done it myself yet but preparing for it atm and hoping to sit it in Jan or Feb. I think its mostly about being familiar with the format of the exam so that you are not caught out when you go in on the day. I have downloaded a fair bit of practice material and once you go over them a bit they are fine.
    I need 8 across all 4 sections for 20 points so want to get it first time round.
    Just do plenty of practice and you should be fine.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Unfortunately (or forunately maybe) it's not me who has to get the score of 8 in it!! :D Anyway, good luck with the test, it'll be like being back in the old school exam hall days!

Advertisement