Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The social photograph album

Options
  • 17-12-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

Interesting this one - the new iPhone app is a social photograph album - not social sharing - tweeting, facebook share, etc., but multiple iPhone photographers actually shoot to the same "roll of film".

From the folks that brought you hipstamatic, its called the hipstamatic disposable

Also, in concept its more like film (at a stretch of the imagination) - in that you don't see the result until the roll is finished and 'developed'. Its kinda mashing lots of tech into a simple way of connecting people taking photographs on their phones.

Lots of possibilities i'm guessing in terms of new forms of collaboration - perhaps one for the next boards photowalk?

After the initial "woo look at that" has died down, it will be interesting to see if it will shape further the evolution of the photo album though, it is unlikely to revolutionise the art. I doubt it will be for everyone. And I think it may not even be aimed at photographers. But perhaps photographers will warm to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Downloaded the app, initially thought it was a novel idea.

Then the shopping cart icon raised my eyebrow:

$0.99 for 9 'cameras' with 24 shots each. So, they're essentially charging you $0.99 to use one particular filter 216 times. But, there's a catch, you can only see your results after every 24 shots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Read about this recently, but didn't get it, that explanation clears it up. Nice idea, sounds like fun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You can shoot a low quality roll for free.

Advertisement