Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new laptop - HELP!

Options
  • 17-12-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Ok so I need to buy a new laptop asap but don't know what I am looking for. My current laptop is fujitsu siemens esprimo and I have it 4+ years and it never leaves me down but I need a change. I need it for
    *surfing the net
    *watching films
    Any suggestions of makes/models and any good offers out there would be helpful
    Cheers
    Dave
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

absolute max budget and will you buy online

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

was thinking of paying up to 600, ya id buy anywhere there was a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Can you try a shop like PC World? They normally have good bargains this time of the year.

You could buy an i5 with a graphics card with your budget but for what you want it for you don't need to BUT I threw a few in anyway and different colours and different screen sizes. Yes, I'm that bored.

Lenovo €440
    Asus €463
    Toshiba €463 (After Cashback)
    Lenovo €488
    Lenovo €488
    Asus €488
    MSI €495 (Has a dedicated GPU)
    Asus €500
    Lenovo €518
    Lenovo €550
    Lenovo €564
    Lenovo €570 (Dedicated GPU)
    Lenovo €570
    Asus €607

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

You could buy an i5 with a graphics card with your budget but for what you want it for you don't need to BUT I threw a few in anyway and different colours and different screen sizes. Yes, I'm that bored.

Lenovo €440
    Asus €463
    Toshiba €463 (After Cashback)
    Lenovo €488
    Lenovo €488
    Asus €488
    MSI €495 (Has a dedicated GPU)
    Asus €500
    Lenovo €518
    Lenovo €550
    Lenovo €564
    Lenovo €570 (Dedicated GPU)
    Lenovo €570
    Asus €607
    Thanks very much, a lot of effort went into that - appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Hi there. I am looking for a new laptop aswell. Max I would spend is 500 but preferably something between 300-400. I heard the acer is very good. A friend of mine got one this time last year. Said he got it down from about 500 to 370 or something like that. Is that possible?

Advertisement