Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practical stuff about writing

• 17-12-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭

Hope someone here can help me with this.

Basically, my books are being put up on Google books and other websites, which require a bank account to pay into. Can they be paid into an Irish account, or so I need to set up an American account? Is it legal to set up an American account, and how do I go about it?

Is it possible to get all Amazon.com sales and Amazon.co.uk sales paid through Amazon.de, which would pay me in Euros? I'm not trying to welch on taxes, I'm just trying to keep paperwork simple.

The amounts from each website are not huge, not worth getting an accountant for, but I certainly don't want to lose them.

I'm told that Nook sales (Barnes & Noble) have to be paid in dollars. Does this mean I have to fill out that form that involves queuing at the American Embassay for hours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

I wouldn't be familiar with how Google Books and other websites work. You'll have to ask them?

I do know that setting up an American bank account as a non-resident is a difficult but possible process. Citibank would be your best starting point as they can find Ireland on a map. They will typically look for much the same as opening a normal account but in addition they will also ask for details of a local bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭pauline fayne

Eileen , would you be able to use PayPal on all the sites ? I know I have used it to buy from sites in America and Europe . You could transfer the money from a PayPal account to your bank account .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

No, I don't the big websites like Amazon and B&N will pay into Paypal. They want the sort of bank details that the IRS would be happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Is there a list of publishing sites besides the big two? And does Amazon allow one to publish under a nom de plume? :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement