Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gsm centre open ?

• 17-12-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if they are back open again? I went in last week and the place was flooded, it was my 2nd time going in there, I'm desperate to get the screen replaced on my phone! I've tried ringing them on the number on the website but no joy :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

he's a cheeky pr!ck - i'd take my business elsewhere if i were you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

he's a cheeky pr!ck - i'd take my business elsewhere if i were you!
    Mark?
    Hahaha he knows what he's at in fairness. Does give out a bit though.

Mark? that the Eastern European chap?

who cares if he's talented - can't have a bad attitude in business Seany boi ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

There's no where else that can fix the bloody thing. Believe me if I could, I would have got this fixed ages ago!

They did annoy me, first time I rang he said to go in and it'll be done in a few hours, so I went in, in the rain, dragging a 3 year old in with me and he said he was too busy. Next time I went in it was flooded...all I want is my beloved phone back to its normal non cracked self...

michellie wrote: »
    There's no where else that can fix the bloody thing. Believe me if I could I would have got this fixed ages ago!

They did annoy me, first time I rang he said to go in and it'll be done in a few hours, so I went in, in the rain, dragging a 3 year old in with me and he said he was too busy. Next time I went in it was flooded...all I want is my beloved phone back to its normal non cracked self...

If you go on facebook there's a guy on there who can fix em - he's much more pleasant to deal with imo . Just give him a buzz and he'll send you his number

• Advertisement

Do you know his Facebook name? I've tried the iPhone repair guy, he said it would cost about €150!! I have bought a new screen, just need it replaced, its a complicated job apparently.

Which iPhone is it. Is it the digitizer or just the screen you need changing? It's very easy to change the screen on the 3gs. I presume the rest are as easy

Do you know his Facebook name? I've tried the iPhone repair guy, he said it would cost about €150!! I have bought a new screen, just need it replaced, its a complicated job apparently.

I think we're on about the same guy here :confused: you've already contacted him?

It's not a iPhone, its a HTC desire hd. It's just the screen is cracked, the lcd is fine.

I bought the screen with digitalizer online with the plan that my father would fix it cos he's fairly handy like that but its just waay too complicated! Need a professional to do it :( this phone is like a baby to me haha

It's not a iPhone, its a HTC desire hd. It's just the screen is cracked, the lcd is fine.

I bought the screen with digitalizer online with the plan that my father would fix it cos he's fairly handy like that but its just waay too complicated! Need a professional to do it :( this phone is like a baby to me haha
    ah used to have one of them. Few good guides on xdacldeveloper forums

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »

ah used to have one of them. Few good guides on xdacldeveloper forums

Why thank you, I will look them up tomorrow :)

Why thank you, I will look them up tomorrow :)

Spank you to. So ya single ;) haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's a new shop on Patrick Street that does phone repairs... I think it's called the Phone Repair Shop, but you can't miss it, on Patricks Hill heading up towards Ballybricken.

Hey any of ye got android phones ill root em and install whatever rom on them for nothing if ye want.

Thanks I'm gona try that phone repair shop in the morning :)

Still didn't get in there, does anyone have a number for that new phone repair place on patrick street? Nothing showing from trusty ould google

Just passed it there a few mins ago It looks like its literally just been opened so I doubt it'd be on the yellow pages or google yet , and I dont have it - soz =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tbh the DHD is an absolute cnut to take apart to replace the digitizer. The entire thing has to be stripped down(and very carefully too) and even then youre not guaranteed to be able to just swap digitizer since some seem to be joined to the lcd itself.
    I've been putting off fixing mine for a couple months now cause its such a whore :o

Tbh the DHD is an absolute cnut to take apart to replace the digitizer. The entire thing has to be stripped down(and very carefully too) and even then youre not guaranteed to be able to just swap digitizer since some seem to be joined to the lcd itself.
    I've been putting off fixing mine for a couple months now cause its such a whore :o

I know ,I looked at some videos and wanted to tear my eyes out it looks so complicated! My father can fix anything and after lookin at that vid he wouldn't go near it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I know ,I looked at some videos and wanted to tear my eyes out it looks so complicated! My father can fix anything and after lookin at that vid he wouldn't go near it:(

Could you let us know if you get it done and how expensive as my girlfriends nexus s is cracked the same way and she would love it fixed but thinks it is too costly . ;) cheers and I hope you get sorted

• Advertisement

Will do, im going into gsm in the morning. I bought a screen from repairuniverse.com and that was about €40. Gsm said they will put it on for €35 for me, so its not too bad. But ill update you tomorrow.

Ok so I brought it in, left it with them overnight, went in to collect it and they need to order a LCD because apparently the LCD is attached to the screen, so its still not fixed *tear*.

They ordered a LCD so ill be going in weds to get it sorted. Btw they did something wrong when putting it back together so I had no WiFi or camera all lastnight, but fixed it when I went in today. If I have to go in there again I will cry!!

Advertisement