If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40-46" LED TVs

Options
  • 18-12-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Heya,

Looking to get a decent TV, within €700, in a 40-46" range. Have a BD player and a surround system from sony so decided to have a look at their products first. noth 40" and 46" versions EX523 (not sure if you stock these, wasn't able to find on your website) and EX723 seemed to be decent enough and within or close to my budget.

What would you recommend and how much would i be looking at? (out & apart from these, doesn't have to be sony like)

thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hulhi

If I can tempt you with something from the Philips family of TV's....
    Can I suggest you have a look at the Philips 47PFL4606H
    47pfl4606h_12__fv_.jpg
    This is a Full HD LCD TV and has great core spec.
    It uses our Pixel Plus HD image processing engine to help produce a finely detailed but natural image on screen.
    It also uses our 400Hz Perfect Motion Rate system partnered with a 2ms response time giving this TV very smooth motion handling.
    Connectivity wise you have 3x HDMI, 1x SCART, Component, VGA and USB inputs
    Sound wise it packs in a 20Watt RMS speaker system
    It is of course SAORVIEW certified

Have a looksee at this link for the spec sheet

The 47PFL4606H sells for €749.99 (reduced from €799.99)This TV is also available in a 42" screen size, the 42PFL4606Hand sells for €649.99 (down from €699.99)Both of these are in stock and both are on display instore so please call on in for a personal demo.Hope this helps:)

If either of these hits the spot let me know and i'll see what I sort of deal I can cut for you.
    Have a great Christmas
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

Thanks Ashley!

Will pop instore over next couple days to have a look at them.

Would i be right to understand that you're recommending these over above mentioned sony tvs, value and quality wise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hulhi

Cool, I'll here most days this week and i'll be happy to demo both TV's for you.

These are very well spec'd TV's for the price - whilst the Sony EX523 is a LED TV (The Philips is an LCD) the Philips is a 400Hz Perfect Motion Rate TV (the Sony is a 50Hz TV) so should handle motion with greater fluidity

As and alternative I can also offer you the 40PFL5606H

This TV is broadly similar in spec to the 4606H range but differs in the following -
    This is a LED Edgelit LCD TV and is quite abit slimmer
    Its a 100Hz PMR refresh rate TV
    500,000:1 Contrast ratio (compared to 100,000:1 on the 4 Series)
    Has an CLASS A Energy Rating (4 series is Class C)

Once again I have this on display so you can check it out as well

This TV sells for €749.99 - once again I'm sure I can have my arm twisted on the price:)

See ya soon

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Curveball !!!!

We have a very nice LG smart TV model.

This is a 100Hz LED which is the LG 47LV550T. This has the smart TV system on board with facebook, full web browser etc etc and we have lots of boardies who own the 42 and 47 version of this model. This uses the MCI tehnology to generate a 500Hz which makes it a very smooth image compared to the Sony models.

This is saorview compliant and with a 5,000,000:1 contrast, the blacks are very good.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/47lv550t/lg-47lv550t

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Price including delivery would be 879 Euro.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.