Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning given and immediate removal of post

• 18-12-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

I posted a response to thread at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76054842#post76054842

I replied using colours to match my responses in my post with the relevant issues from the appropriate original quoted text. I do this as I am not au fait with the editing system used on Boards and I find this the best way for me and it is quite logical in its approach. I have done this many times before in other areas which I contribute to (Farming and Education) and there never has been an issue before.

One of the Mods from Construction and Planning (Muffler) has decided to give me a warning for doing this and removed my post. I find this quite ridiculous as there as nothing wrong with the content of my post, just the method of editing, and in my opinion there was nothing wrong with this either.

So I would like somebody to look at this in a fair and objective manner and directly answer the following qustions;

Is there anything wrong with my method of editing?
    Will my post be returned?
    Will my warning be overturned?

Kind Regards,
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I will have a chat to Muffler and get back to you

kboc wrote: »
    I posted a response to thread at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76054842#post76054842

I replied using colours to match my responses in my post with the relevant issues from the appropriate original quoted text. I do this as I am not au fait with the editing system used on Boards and I find this the best way for me and it is quite logical in its approach. I have done this many times before in other areas which I contribute to (Farming and Education) and there never has been an issue before.

One of the Mods from Construction and Planning (Muffler) has decided to give me a warning for doing this and removed my post. I find this quite ridiculous as there as nothing wrong with the content of my post, just the method of editing, and in my opinion there was nothing wrong with this either.

So I would like somebody to look at this in a fair and objective manner and directly answer the following qustions;

I will answer what is posted above when answering the direct questions you posed below
    Is there anything wrong with my method of editing?

There is to be honest, the last parragraph posted in yellow was unreadable

Also there are different skins/themes on Boards which vary in colour and using different coloured texts which appear fine in your skin will be invisible/hard on the eyes in other skins

If you want to break up replies there are quote tags you can use like the example below

[noparse]
    text you want to quote here
    [/noparse] which will appear like this when posted
    text you want to quote here

If you want to play around with tags and options you can use the Test Forum or if there are any questions you have there are very helpful people in Newbies & FAQ

You while your coloured posts may not have been raised as an issue before I would suggest you learn to use the methods that Boards has at your disposal for the reasons outlined above
    Will my post be returned?

If you are willing to post in the same way as everyone else then the post can be returned but given that the window for you to be able to edit it has closed I would suggest that you can post it again but not using coloured fonts
    Will my warning be overturned?

My initial feeling was that the warning was harsh but having read over some of your posts in the forum and others it is clear that you don't have a huge amount of respect for the Moderation of the forum despite from what I can see no real reason to have ill will towards the Mods

From what I can see this is a straw that broke the camels back warning and I wont be asking for it to be overturned unless I can see that you will have a bit more respect for the Moderation of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

I will answer what is posted above when answering the direct questions you posed below

There is to be honest, the last parragraph posted in yellow was unreadable

Also there are different skins/themes on Boards which vary in colour and using different coloured texts which appear fine in your skin will be invisible/hard on the eyes in other skins

If you want to break up replies there are quote tags you can use like the example below

[noparse] [/noparse] which will appear like this when posted

If you want to play around with tags and options you can use the Test Forum or if there are any questions you have there are very helpful people in Newbies & FAQ

You while your coloured posts may not have been raised as an issue before I would suggest you learn to use the methods that Boards has at your disposal for the reasons outlined above

If you are willing to post in the same way as everyone else then the post can be returned but given that the window for you to be able to edit it has closed I would suggest that you can post it again but not using coloured fonts

My initial feeling was that the warning was harsh but having read over some of your posts in the forum and others it is clear that you don't have a huge amount of respect for the Moderation of the forum despite from what I can see no real reason to have ill will towards the Mods

From what I can see this is a straw that broke the camels back warning and I wont be asking for it to be overturned unless I can see that you will have a bit more respect for the Moderation of the forum
    f you are willing to post in the same way as everyone else then the post can be returned but given that the window for you to be able to edit it has closed I would suggest that you can post it again but not using coloured fonts
    Yes i will now i know how to do this. Thank you.
    This is quite a sweeping statement with no proof. I really don't see how you can say this. I got one warning in recent times about something which i genuinely didn't realise the significance until I has the post up. Other than this, there is no other warnings etc in recent times, unless you know of something I don't?

So I would like the warning lifted please, unless somebody can provide proof to the statement made above.

Kind regards
    K

Yes i will now i know how to do this. Thank you.

This is quite a sweeping statement with no proof. I really don't see how you can say this. I got one warning in recent times about something which i genuinely didn't realise the significance until I has the post up. Other than this, there is no other warnings etc in recent times, unless you know of something I don't?

So I would like the warning lifted please, unless somebody can provide proof to the statement made above.

Kind regards
    K

Well I made the comments based on a brief reading of some of your posts, posts like these:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75099956&postcount=585 bad mouthing Mods in a different area of Boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70807812&postcount=75 in response to Mod action in the thread, when asked to clarify you did not respond
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69615396&postcount=10 Nanny Category comment is unhelpful and unnecessary
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74368161#post74368161 in this thread you asked the Mods a question, they responded and you ignored their reply
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67469479&postcount=46 this thread was in feedback, the tome of your posts indicate you had an issue with a Mod rather than wanting to improve the site

As I say this is just a quick impression I have formed from reading some of your posts, if a Mod has to put up with that sort of attitude on a regular basis can you see why a warning wont be too far away and I say this as a generality not just in this specific instance a posting style like outlined in the posts above will lead to more issues

So with the above outlined I wouldn't be inclined to remove the warning unless I see something from you that says you can see what it is an issue?

Well I made the comments based on a brief reading of some of your posts, posts like these:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75099956&postcount=585 bad mouthing Mods in a different area of Boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70807812&postcount=75 in response to Mod action in the thread, when asked to clarify you did not respond
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69615396&postcount=10 Nanny Category comment is unhelpful and unnecessary
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74368161#post74368161 in this thread you asked the Mods a question, they responded and you ignored their reply
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67469479&postcount=46 this thread was in feedback, the tome of your posts indicate you had an issue with a Mod rather than wanting to improve the site

As I say this is just a quick impression I have formed from reading some of your posts, if a Mod has to put up with that sort of attitude on a regular basis can you see why a warning wont be too far away and I say this as a generality not just in this specific instance a posting style like outlined in the posts above will lead to more issues

So with the above outlined I wouldn't be inclined to remove the warning unless I see something from you that says you can see what it is an issue?
    This was posted in another area and nothing to do with the issue at hand here. I mention no names and no areas, as I said, I post in different areas, you are making a dangerous presumption on which area I am referring to, and by doing this influencing the people involved in this process now, and possibly influncing any future people involved in this process, and therefore, possibly ruining my chances of a fair judgement.
    Neither of these threads were an issue at the time, and I cannot see why there are being brought up now. If they were an issue then there should have been an infraction at the time. I don' think retrospective punishment is really what boards is about.
    The PM's regarding this issue came to a halt the day before. Please check my profile. So there as no need to respond.
    I think you will find there is 27 pages belonging to this thread. You pick out one post from these 27 pages.

The fact that the last thread you highlight contains Muffler's name I think flaws his and your point(s). You are making an assumption this is a personality clash, again this will now colour the water for any further arbitration on this issue.

I think you have to look at the issue at hand, fair and objectively, like I said at the outset. As you suggested the infaction appears harsh, and it is, but then you bring in all the above issues/posts. At this point your process of judgement looses its fairness and objectiveness as you are trawling through historical issues/posts, and even the law of the land does not allow retrospective punishment.

We are loosing sight of the intial at hand here,

Can my warning be over turned for the orignal stated issue?

• Advertisement

I think you have to look at the issue at hand, fair and objectively, like I said at the outset. As you suggested the infaction appears harsh, and it is, but then you bring in all the above issues/posts. At this point your process of judgement looses its fairness and objectiveness as you are trawling through historical issues/posts, and even the law of the land does not allow retrospective punishment.

The law of the land does not apply here and previous behavior is relevant, in a lot of cases warnings/infractions are not just for one incident but a build up over time
    We are loosing sight of the intial at hand here,

Can my warning be over turned for the orignal stated issue?

I wont be requesting the warning to be overturned but you are free to ask for Admin involvement and get them to review it

The law of the land does not apply here and previous behavior is relevant, in a lot of cases warnings/infractions are not just for one incident but a build up over time

I wont be requesting the warning to be overturned but you are free to ask for Admin involvement and get them to review it
    but you are free to ask for Admin involvement and get them to review it

Can this be done or do I need to do something to start this process.

warnings/infractions are not just for one incident but a build up over time

The goal posts have been moved from the outset and I suspect this appeal process is now flawed and prejudiced against me. The original issue as stated by Muffler is;
    Reason:
    Being Naughty

I asked you to edit the post and you refused. Its gone now so dont worry about it.

Only mention of editing issues nothing else.

I am not sure how Muffler can suggest I "refused" to edit this either. There was only 2 hours between issuing his/her original post and issuing the warning on Saturday night, hardly a reasonable length of time for me to act.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It was a warning. Not a ban, a warning.
    Mods on this site have every right to warn a poster if they think it warrants it.
    In this case, it was warranted and I see no reason what so ever to get it removed.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    It was a warning. Not a ban, a warning.
    Mods on this site have every right to warn a poster if they think it warrants it.
    In this case, it was warranted and I see no reason what so ever to get it removed.

At the out set it was (only) a warning, but now I am afraid the fairness and objectivity of the "dispute/resolution" has been compromised, which has created another issue.

So I would like my warning lifted and withdrawn as the CMod said it the cold light of day is was "harsh".

People have started to mixed personalities and past experiences with this now and this is breaking every rule in the book. I am afraid i don't accept the mods decison is final when there is blatant abuse of powers/issues at hand.

Can i have the warning lifted please?

• Advertisement

In this case, it was warranted and I see no reason what so ever to get it removed

You have highlighted one of the issues here. The lines have been blurred between this case/issue and other (perceived) historical issues.

I really do not mean to be disrespectful here, but in the developed and rational world we live in, society simply does not allow statements like
    have every right to warn a poster if they think it warrants it
    without evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Closing this as the original dispute has been dealt with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement