Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mario has joined twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/MarioUfficiale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Still can't believe he's only 21 and he's already won so much. Feels like he's been around for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Hmm, so many false accounts before. The pictures give it a sense of authenticity, but he's following a load of no name footballers from Huddersfield, Middlesborough etc.

Also the varying change from terrible English to Perfect English, and the lack of any Tweets in full Italian would have me doubtful.

Finally take a look at the signed shirt that was Tweeted. Its an old Inter Milan jersey (why not a current Man City/Italy one?), Its on a single bed (this is Balotelli we're on about, he's not going to bring women back to a single bed!) and there is something with a Chelsea crest in the background (Its official Chelsea to bid £200m for Balotelli?).

I have way too much time, and i'm very cynical :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Balotelli is not on twitter, ManCity have confirmed this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He's going to be a Daddy!!! Found out before the Germany game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

kfallon wrote: »
    He's going to be a Daddy!!! Found out before the Germany game!

It was in the Daily Mail. Absolute gospel in that case :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's in Italian media too, she (the ex) has confirmed it.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's a fake account but the one I linked seems legit. His brother set it up for him 30 June..

That's a fake account but the one I linked seems legit. His brother set it up for him 30 June..

City have confirmed he is not on twitter at all, so we can forget about which profile is fake or real.

Edit: Yeah MCFC have tweeted that on 29th, but still i wont believe it until someone confirms it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anyone else think he didn't have that good a tournament? He was outstanding against Germany no doubt, second goal was probably finish of the tournament. But he was very poor against England, his finishing was dire and missed chances in the group stages too, 1 particularly against Croatia. Tournaments are strange sometimes in this case, that a player can play 1 good match etc and have exaggerated praise on him. Id throw Keith Andrews on here too, was dismal against Spain and poor against Croatia, but he had a few shots and he somehow gets a lot of praise.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

City have confirmed he is not on twitter at all, so we can forget about which profile is fake or real.

Edit: Yeah MCFC have tweeted that on 29th, but still i wont believe it until someone confirms it.
    Well he needs to be on the lookout for some serious stalker if its fake going by the amount of photos uploaded since starting the account!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

SOO MUCH hate on Balotelli from the media, a disgrace imo. the guy i a great player, yes his arrogant and sometimes makes daft decision on and off the pitch but so does many world class players Like rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

article-2170785-13FA17F3000005DC-197_634x639.jpg
    Mario+Balotelli+has+some+fun+in+Saint+Tropez+at+the+world+famous+club+the+VIP+Room

Ballotelli enjoying the pre-season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Not sure if this was posted anywhere

"The Asian Balotelli"

208v5ox.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Anyone see the Jose Mourinho interview on CNN?
    "Mario was good fun. I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years in Inter with Mario, but the book would be not a drama. The book would be a comedy!

I remember one in Kazan. We went to Kazan in the Champions League. In that match, I had all my strikers injured. No Milito, no Eto'o. I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one. Mario gets a yellow card in minute 42 or 43. So, when I go to the dressing room at half time, I spent, I would say, 14 minutes of the 15 speaking only for Mario. "Mario, I cannot change you. I cannot make a change. I don't have a striker on the bench. Don't touch anybody. Play only with the ball. When we lose the ball, no reaction. If somebody provocates you, no reaction. If the referee makes a mistake, no reaction. Mario, please..."

"Minute 46, red card!"
    :D

I would love to hear more of the Balotelli stories. One of my favourite players in the world.

Also is there a better penalty taker than him in England? Has he ever missed one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ares wrote: »
    Also is there a better penalty taker than him in England? Has he ever missed one?

100% conversion rate for his career. 11 from 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Rickie Lambert at Southampton has 26 from 26.

EDIT: I had 16 from 16 for my local soccer team at underage level. Yes it counts. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I would love to hear more of the Balotelli stories. One of my favourite players in the world.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

A7XLbQDCIAEdKOx.jpg

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    A7XLbQDCIAEdKOx.jpg

The fugly bently isn't his car, he is clearly getting into the car behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seaneh wrote: »

Looks like him driving it.....unless he is clearly wearing a hat belonging to somebody else in the first pic.

article-0-15F33FC3000005DC-897_634x369.jpg

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Looks like him driving it.....unless he is clearly wearing a hat belonging to somebody else in the first pic.

article-0-15F33FC3000005DC-897_634x369.jpg

That's Stephen Ireland dressed as a minstrel going to the halloween party, the lads invited him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Johnny Giles was taking about this one night on off the ball, he said he would put his house on him scoring a pen as he doesnt care if he misses or not, the only reason pro's miss pens is because of the pressure or they get nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Seaneh wrote: »

He's filling up the other guy's car with petrol, just for random effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Camotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Amazing pics: Mancini and Balotelli pulled apart in training. Full story to follow #MCFC pic.twitter.com/cej8Glo8

A_sAWYCCYAE4MfT.jpg:large

Some more pictures here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ahh only two grown men in a disagreement.

not the first or last time there was a training ground bust up, but the media will have a field day with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Still lovely fella though all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Amazing pics: Mancini and Balotelli pulled apart in training. Full story to follow #MCFC pic.twitter.com/cej8Glo8

A_sAWYCCYAE4MfT.jpg:large

Some more pictures here.

I thought it was just a bit of messing looking at the pic posted here but the other ones show that there was a bit of an argument.

It'll blow over, these Balotelli stories always do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

At least this incident actually happened unlike the thousand other Balotelli stories that all the mongs believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

On his debut for AC Milan tonight Mario scored both goals in a 2-1 victory

The second being a penalty in 93rd minute

article-2272953-1753D58C000005DC-205_634x398.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

He had a great first half, but Udinese were much better in the second half. The penalty was never a penalty. Terrible decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The way he checked his run for the opener was quality, made himself a few yards and finished well.

Coolness personified from the spot as well.

Miss him already :(

He played very, very well today, himself, Niang and SES look like a fantastic combination and will only get better as they get more games together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Coolness personified from the spot as well.

I loved the way he stood on the spot doing keepy uppies while waiting to take the penalty. He couldn't have looked more relaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Mario Balotelli is at the centre of a racism storm in Italy after a shocking public remark by AC Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi.

Berlusconi - younger brother of the club president Silvio - described Balotelli as "negretto di famiglia" - translated as "the family's little n****".

He said: "Okay, we are all off to see the family's little n****. He's a crazy head. All the young ladies are invited as well - you can even have a chance to meet the president (Silvio Berlusconi)."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8474701/Mario-at-centre-of-racism-storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Is 'negretto' a racist word in Italy?

I've searched for this story and the only places making a meal out of it are English language sites. I've done a search and while Italian media certainly reported, the vast majority didn't really make a big deal out it it. It's the Suarez-Evra thing all over again. Plus, this happened on Sunday, if it was really as controversial as we're being led to believe why are English language sites only reporting on it today?

What he said translates as ""Balotelli, the little black boy of the family with the hot head (bad temper)"

He may have said something in a politically incorrect way, but I severely doubt he meant it as a racial slur. He'll apologise when Super Mario returns after destroying the Dutch tonight and we'll all move on to the next wee storm in a teacup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I always thought the funny thing about the Suarez incident was that Suarez to me looks like he probably has some native american in him, not exactly a pure bred european. i know it would still be racist if he was a pure indigenous but the context is so different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I always thought the funny thing about the Suarez incident was that Suarez to me looks like he probably has some native american in him, not exactly a pure bred european. i know it would still be racist if he was a pure indigenous but the context is so different.

tumblr_lvv4jvx4xj1qemoij.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This should keep you entertained for a few weeks, find Uruguay in europe.

world-map.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is 'negretto' a racist word in Italy?

I've searched for this story and the only places making a meal out of it are English language sites. I've done a search and while Italian media certainly reported, the vast majority didn't really make a big deal out it it. It's the Suarez-Evra thing all over again. Plus, this happened on Sunday, if it was really as controversial as we're being led to believe why are English language sites only reporting on it today?

What he said translates as ""Balotelli, the little black boy of the family with the hot head (bad temper)"

He may have said something in a politically incorrect way, but I severely doubt he meant it as a racial slur. He'll apologise when Super Mario returns after destroying the Dutch tonight and we'll all move on to the next wee storm in a teacup.

Yes, Negretto is considered to be an offensive term over here. The word is also used to describe servants. The general attitude is far more casual towards racism, which is probably why it's not getting much coverage.

Very ill-advised thing to say publicly, but I can't say I'm hugely surprised, given the source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Neil3030 wrote: »

Very ill-advised thing to say publicly, but I can't say I'm hugely surprised, given the source.

OK, thanks for putting me straight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Such a strange kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Super Mario Kart.. errr, in his Ferrari.

BJ0MFjdCEAAVWzd.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Super Mario Kart.. errr, in his Ferrari.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJ0MFjdCEAAVWzd.png:large

Lol,Milan banned him from karting so he got permission from the tracks owners to drive his Ferrari on it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

https://twitter.com/FinallyMario

Is this what we've all been waiting for?

I really hope it's him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It is real! Confirmed by the verified Sean Wright Phillips account.

This could be gold in the future.

The officially verified Neymar account has tweeted him as well.

That's enough proof for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement