Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

astonaidan wrote: »
    What of him Messi is lucky to be surrounded by the players he has, He flops everytime he plays for Argentina proving this, People seem to completly miss the fact hes a diver for some reason, Cristiano is the best in the world at the moment had one bad game against barca and suddenly he flops at the big stage. In 3 years time imo itll be Ronaldo, Balotelli & Neymar!
    Imo the best 3 now are Cristiano, Zlatan & Xavi but hey thats just me I cant help but not follow the sheep
    1299867456_the-situation-is-shocked.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I heard he gave £1,000 to a homeless bloke after coming out of a nightclub. Fair ****ing play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    BS. He was like this even at Inter and many didn't like him then also. Nothing to do with City.

He winds people up, we seen that with Totti and Ferdinand recently, cant blame Balotelli if they cant handle it.

Also,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSi-dNc5HhG66gyDsyQcx_D6WeL33BMpzyK3O3oAnpqXyUY2LXETw

Legend. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

what a hero, love that, he's like a normal(well weirdo) lad whose just become rich, football has enough of the serious roy keane types. i love people like balotelli and cassano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

What of him Messi is lucky to be surrounded by the players he has, He flops everytime he plays for Argentina proving this, People seem to completly miss the fact hes a diver for some reason, Cristiano is the best in the world at the moment had one bad game against barca and suddenly he flops at the big stage. In 3 years time imo itll be Ronaldo, Balotelli & Neymar!
    Imo the best 3 now are Cristiano, Zlatan & Xavi but hey thats just me I cant help but not follow the sheep

I was considering your point, but then i seen this.

Your whole post is now invalid cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

ASOT wrote: »

I was considering your point, but then i seen this.

Your whole post is now invalid cheers.
    Zlatan is an amazing footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

He can do amazing things at times but I don't see him as being in the same league as Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

gavredking wrote: »
    He winds people up, we seen that with Totti and Ferdinand recently, cant blame Balotelli if they cant handle it.

Legend. ;)

Yeah throwing your team jersey in front of packed stadium and sporting your rivals jersey is what? Winding up your own fans? Yeah Legend :rolleyes:

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Exactly as the lad their said, i just dont think hes consistent enough. But thats just my opinion sure. I came across as a bit of a cun7 in the last post!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Yeah throwing your team jersey in front of packed stadium and sporting your rivals jersey is what? Winding up your own fans? Yeah Legend :rolleyes:

oh some people have very short memories indeed........i once remember a 'legend' once jumping into the crowd to assault a fan in a match against crystal palace.......now poor mario never stooped that low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

oh some people have very short memories indeed........i once remember a 'legend' once jumping into the crowd to assault a fan in a match against crystal palace.......now poor mario never stooped that low.

hahahahah United fans eh? :rolleyes:

2zojl00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

ah no........just a case of the auld 'selective' memory syndrome........a common ailment among that breed apparently.........

2r3eey9.jpg

Yeah both are comparable. :rolleyes:

So United fans shouldn't tell anything against Balo as we had Cantona, Giggs :rolleyes:

He always was a attention seeking lunatic, even at Inter. This has nothing to do with him being at City. Talk about being defensive and diverting topic.

• Advertisement

:confused:

So United fans shouldn't tell anything against Balo as we had Cantona, Giggs :rolleyes:

He always was a attention seeking lunatic, even at Inter. This has nothing to do with him being at City. Talk about being defensive and diverting topic.

How is handing out Money attention seeking? He's tryna help people....

United fans...... :rolleyes:

Care to read what I posted? I didn't talk about Santa incident, I have said twice that it was about other stuffs that OP mentioned.

Yeah United fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Jesus christ, it's nothing to do with him being a united fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Only heard now, that horrid day when they hammered us. After the game he spent his time driving around the city high-5ing City fans.

You just have to love him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Only heard now, that horrid day when they hammered us. After the game he spent his time driving around the city high-5ing City fans.

You just have to love him.
    I'm just surprised they gave him a licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

BS. He was like this even at Inter and many didn't like him then also. Nothing to do with City.
    List of Balotellis's escapades

I honestly can't see how anyone cannot love this guy after looking at his adventures, he's made City likeable on his own, I mean ,LOOK AT THE GUY!!!
    Either you're one of them aul lads mumbling "kids these days" to himself or else you're just a Manchester parking attendant ;)
    Oh, and I can't Imogen why you don't like him :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

£300,000 fine for throwing darts at the youth team

Threw tomatoes at some Serie A manager

Threw water balloons at Serie A meeting
    Started a fight with 4 bouncers, after breaking the no touching rule at a strip club

Started fights with Kompany, Boateng and Tevez at training

U21s game for Italy, kicks a swedish player while he's down and proceeds to just sit on the pitch ignoring the opposition and the referee for about a minute.

Imagine the length of a thread if the above were the actions of Joey Barton.

£10,000 in parking fines
    Car impounded 27 times

That just sounds like he thinks hes better than other people and can park as he sees fit.

Again, theres plenty of other players would be called **** for having the same attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

I love the guy

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has school in Sudan named after him

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has had a school in Sudan named after him after financing its construction.

The Italian befriend a former child soldier of the country’s civil war and donated money to help him build a secondary school in the South Sudanese village of Cuey Machar which will now have a ‘Mario Balotelli wing’ in his honour.

Kon Kelei, now aged 29, was kidnapped when just four years old by rebels of the Sudan's People Liberation Army and forced to fight, but he later escaped the conflict and became a refugee in Holland.

After graduating in law during his time in the Netherlands, he returned to South Sudan following their declaration of independence and a film documenting his life was produced, entitled 'The Silent Army'.

Balotelli was so moved after watching the film that he contacted Kelei offering to help finance a project to build a secondary school.

“Kon told me that he was forced by the rebels to use a rifle that was bigger and heavier than he was. He wasn’t even able to hold it properly,” he said.

“But he managed to run away and save himself. He could have built a new life but he wanted to help his country, so I have helped him.”

South Sudan declared their independence in July, but in recent weeks there has been fighting along the border with Sudan and there are fears of another full-scale conflict.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/11/2798131/manchester-city-striker-mario-balotelli-has-school-in-sudan

People in here a quick to criticize some of the bad things he has done (despite never causing any harm to anyone,)
    Why not talk about the nice things he has done for people?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/11/2798131/manchester-city-striker-mario-balotelli-has-school-in-sudan

People in here a quick to criticize some of the bad things he has done (despite never causing any harm to anyone,)
    Why not talk about the nice things he has done for people?

All top footballers do a lot for charities. You just dotn hear about 99% of them because its done in secret.

Obviously some want a high profile figure to head their public campaigns (roy keane with guidedogs etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What an absolute hero :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Imagine the length of a thread if the above were the actions of Joey Barton.

That just sounds like he thinks hes better than other people and can park as he sees fit.

Again, theres plenty of other players would be called **** for having the same attitude.

The thing is, the annoying things he has done are interspersed with funny and nice things. That's what makes him so likeable.

Also as an opposition fan I can really enjoy his antics because I know that I will either be entertained when he does something good on the pitch, or City will be harmed when he does something bad.

Ps. Cantona kicking that Crystal Palace fan made him even more of a legend. The fan was a BNP member who had just been to a rally and was shouting abuse and threats iirc.

400901_10150620812739992_80178339991_11787284_1283883003_n.jpg

balotelli.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

BalotelliSrs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

balotelli.png

It's like predator boots for heading the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

All top footballers do a lot for charities. You just dotn hear about 99% of them because its done in secret.

Obviously some want a high profile figure to head their public campaigns (roy keane with guidedogs etc)

Give it a ****ing rest ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Here's a list of mr balotellis recent adventures

Turned the landscaped back garden of his rented mansion in to a quad bike race track

Look. I think people are taking the word legend a bit literally.

The fella is obviously a bit of a clown and a lunatic. He obviously has bags of footballing talent too.

His life is like that of an old school rock star. And while i don't agree with all his antics.

I think he is a bleedin legend for doing it his way.

Long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

A bit of madness often goes hand in hand with above normal talent I think this is definitely true in his case.

He has the attributes to be a really top player if he keeps it together however without the madness and the freedom to be himself he may not be half the player...catch 22.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Give it a ****ing rest ffs.

What ?Am I upsetting your sensative disposition? god love you.

I was balancing up a post that made it out like Balotelli was a special case of some sort that gives to charity. THey all do.

TBH most probably do it for tax reasons (shock horror possibly even saint Mario)

I think we can all agree, he's had a better season then Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Really have respect for Balotelli, especially if all these stories about him with the guy been bullied and giving out money is true. Then massive thumbs up to him.

However I wonder would the love be shared if he played for the red half;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

hes just a weird weird lad but he pulls it off coz hes mega rich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Imo the best 3 now are Cristiano, Zlatan & Xavi

Get out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Really have respect for Balotelli, especially if all these stories about him with the guy been bullied and giving out money is true. Then massive thumbs up to him.

However I wonder would the love be shared if he played for the red half;).

Completely forgot about that, legend. Hes a character bless him, not a bad footballer either:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Balotelli tweet in response to Luis Suarez's 8 match ban..

"The FA are willing to ban someone based on one persons claim, with no video evidence? In that case, the whole ManU squad racially abused me"

Legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Got a link to that?

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Balotelli tweet in response to Luis Suarez's 8 match ban..

"The FA are willing to ban someone based on one persons claim, with no video evidence? In that case, the whole ManU squad racially abused me"

Legend :D

Twitter rumors makes him a Legend too :confused:

Heard it was fake account, not Balotelli's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Balotelli's not on twitter. He should be, but he isn't now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Balotelli on Twitter would be just brillant.

A daily insight into his life and ramblings would be fun to monitor I think.

amacachi wrote: »
    Got a link to that?

Read it on LFC.tv forum under the Luis Suarez ban thread. On phone now so can't link to thread.

It appears it's a fake account anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Read it on LFC.tv forum under the Luis Suarez ban thread. On phone now so can't link to thread.

It appears it's a fake account anyway

That's what I was getting at, as much as I wished it were true.

amacachi wrote: »
    That's what I was getting at, as much as I wished it were true.

Funny that, I could have sworn you were calling me out on my post :D:D

;)

397321_10151068747330455_208411345454_22007437_1718730391_n.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement