Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

378731_10151068749160455_208411345454_22007440_1360941177_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Even as a United fan, I can't help but have a soft spot for Balotelli. He's as mad as a hatter, but I can't help but laugh at the stuff he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He should have he's own tv show. A crazy man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I think we can all agree, he's had a better season then Rooney.

No, we can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Mario segment on HIGNFY was so funny- "cos I'm rich!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Never thought I'd hear myself agree with Gary Lineker but I think Balotelli is fast becoming my favourite player in the Premiership.

He's nuts and quality.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Guardian Balotelli quiz

Scored 8 out of 10. myself. No.1 and 4 were the two I got wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Guardian Balotelli quiz

9 out of 10! :D

Got the second one wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

9/10. Got the first one wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Guardian Balotelli quiz

A solid 10/10.:cool:

The thing is, every single one of those options is believable for him. And he probably will do them at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

You scored 9 out of a possible 10

Nothing false about this nine, you striking sensation you.

Got last one wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You scored 10 out of a possible 10

Forget Zidane, Pelé or sliced bread with Maradona's face in it – you're the greatest thing going.

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

6/10:eek:

No. 2, 4, 6 and 10 wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And he's at it again...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078981/Mario-Balotelli-buys-1-000-round-local-pub-goes-church.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Mario's Christmas cracker! Balotelli buys £1k round in local boozer... before heading to church

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078981/Mario-Balotelli-buys-1-000-round-local-pub-goes-church.html#ixzz1hjgkvsgz

'Why Always Me?' was the slogan which adorned Mario Balotelli's shirt recently, but his Christmas antics should surely explain the reason why the Manchester City striker makes so many headlines.

Balotelli enthralled drinkers at a local pub in Manchester where he put £1,000 behind the bar as a Christmas treat for the patrons.

City's Italian striker then headed over to church to attend Midnight Mass before handing over £200 into the collecting tray.

Those gathered at the Tudor pub in Peel Hall were astonished when the £24million striker arrived for some pre-Christmas drinks.

A source told The Sun: 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in.

'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.'

'He was very down to earth. Everyone wanted to talk to him and he took it in his stride.

'It's not a smart pub, so it was a big surprise when he walked in.'

Balotelli then headed over to St John's church in Chorlton, where manager Roberto Mancini was among the attendees a year earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im sure plenty of people know this story but I only just heard it myself last night, a reason to love Balotelli, when City demolished United at Old Trafford he spent the rest of the day driving round Manchester in his convertable bentley high fiving City fans

Brilliant :)

kryogen wrote: »
    Im sure plenty of people know this story but I only just heard it myself last night, a reason to love Balotelli, when City demolished United at Old Trafford he spent the rest of the day driving round Manchester in his convertable bentley high fiving City fans

Brilliant :)
    We should hate him, but he's such a character, great for the game tbh.

• Advertisement

Even the great John Sullivan couldnt write a comedy that is so funny and packed with incident that it could almost capture the goings on in the life of Mario Balotelli :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Putting 24 homeless folk up in the Hilton for New Year apparently.

Modern day saint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Xavi6 wrote: »

Modern day saint.

I really hope that's true. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Reminds me of this list :pac:

http://www.vintagebluekipper.com/players/gazza/gazza.html

1. One hour after playing for England, met 'showbiz pals ' Danny Baker and Chris Evans in a Hampstead pub while still wearing his full kit...boots included.
    6. Booked a series of sun-bed sessions for then-Newcastle team-mate Tony Cunningham, who, of course, is black.
    8. Turned up for England training the morning after then-manager Bobby Robson had called him " daft as a brush " with a floor brush sticking out of his socks.
    12. Astounded commuters in London by jumping on a double-decker in London's Piccadilly Circus and asking if he could have a drive. The bus driver let him, and the passengers thoroughly enjoyed Gazza's impromptu performance
    24. Conned Five Bellies into eating a mince pie after he'd scraped out the filling and replaced it with cat ****.
    25. Walked into the Middlesbrough canteen and ordered lunch wearing nothing but his training socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I think we can all agree, he's had a better season then Rooney.

has he? on what basis?

goals? its 16 v 11 in favour of rooney.

rooney has more assists and overall, has been far superiour in all aspects. rooney has played 5 games in center midfield also, taking away from his time up front. to say the madman has been better than him, is bordering insanity.

your talking through your hoop, though i suspect your just trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

he's allowed to smoke as well :pac::pac::pac:

this is a small bit
    "Yeah, yeah I know this," Mancini said when the player's habit was put to him. "I know that he smokes, yes. If he was my son I would give him a kick up the arse! But he is not my son. I told him that it is better you don't smoke. I am against cigarettes always and for this reason my son doesn't smoke. There are players who smoke in Italy and I think also here. I don't think he smokes a lot – five or six a day."

here's the story from the independent: link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Ah to be fair Rooney has had a better season.. Mario went through a couple of months when he was on fire but has cooled since, still playing well though.

Anyways, he's 5 years younger than Rooney... Give him some time!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Rooney 1386 minutes
    Balotelli 713 minutes

Difference of 673 minutes. That's over 7 total games more.

I couldn't care less who's better this season and haven't seen enough of either to guess. But the above would have to be considered if it's being based on goals and assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7402885/Mancini-Mario-habit-a-drag
    Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has told Mario Balotelli to quit smoking - but will not play the overbearing parent.

Balotelli has been pictured smoking cigarettes and Mancini has made it plain he does not approve although it would only be an issue if Balotelli was his son.

Mancini said of his fellow Italian: "I know he smokes. For me it is not okay - but I am not his father or his mother!

"He lights up the fireworks with the cigarettes!"
    Mancini on Balotelli smoking habit
    Quotes of the week
    "If he was my son I would go to him and kick him on the a***. But he is not my son.

"I told him, for me it is better if you don't smoke. I am against cigarettes - for this reason my son does not smoke. But there are players in Italy and here that do smoke.

"I don't think he smokes a lot of cigarettes, five or six a day - but I told him."

Balotelli, who has scored 11 goals this season, was infamously forced to move out of his house in Cheshire in October after fireworks set off from inside his bathroom sparked a blaze.

Mancini said: "He lights up the fireworks with the cigarettes!"

Despite continuing to attract headlines the former Inter Milanforward has been a much-improved player this season.

lol so gangsta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rooney 1386 minutes
    Balotelli 713 minutes

Difference of 673 minutes. That's over 7 total games more.

I couldn't care less who's better this season and haven't seen enough of either to guess. But the above would have to be considered if it's being based on goals and assists.
    it actually beggars belief sometimes in here with comments like this. I've seen a lot of Balotelli and nearly every minute of Rooney this season but even if Balo was up there with him in overall terms of contribution(which he's not) the fact you say you're not in a position to comment and then do is what's wrong with this forum really. It's like you're just doing it for the sake of causing trouble really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Liam O wrote: »
    it actually beggars belief sometimes in here with comments like this. I've seen a lot of Balotelli and nearly every minute of Rooney this season but even if Balo was up there with him in overall terms of contribution(which he's not) the fact you say you're not in a position to comment and then do is what's wrong with this forum really. It's like you're just doing it for the sake of causing trouble really...

Wtf are you on about? He gave a simple stat, no more, how, the fcuk, can you accuse him of trying to cause trouble? This is a forum, and just because people don't agree with your opinion doesn't make it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    he's allowed to smoke as well :pac::pac::pac:

this is a small bit

here's the story from the independent: link

Must be an Italian thing, I remember Trappatoni used almost the exact same words when talking about Andy Reid playing the guitar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lol at the Rooney fan boys! its simple goals per minute ratio

Rooney goals per minute ratio 0.0093
    Balo goals per minute ratio 0.01122

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Xavi6 wrote: »

Modern day saint.

Not true.

Twitter has its good points but rumours of dead people and ballotelli hijinks are getting boring now.

#boredofballotelli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Jesus relax will you, all he pointed out was that any comparison of Balo and Rooney taking goals and assists into account should also allow for minutes. Whats the problem with that? He's dead fooking right. Someone who's never seen a game of football in their life could tell you that

Balotelli has a better goals per game ratio so it's hardly off the wall that he might be said to be having a better season than Rooney.

Imo, there's not been much between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Apparently, he paid for 24 homeless people to stay in the hilton.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was a rumour started by Annie Eaves on Twitter
    That news about Balotelli putting up homeless people in the Hilton spread fast. *coughs nervously*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Are you for fúcking real? If i'm what's wrong with this forum then you are what's wrong with forums in general. People who take this shít waaaay to serious and get all bent outta shape over the most trivial of shít. My post was obviously in response to Homerjay's which pretty much said Rooney was better than Balotelli this season because he's scored more goals and provided more assists. I responded with a statistic of the minutes played by both which should be taken into account if that's a contributing factor as to why one thinks a player has been better. Also i didn't comment on who's been better. I merely showed the discrepancy in minutes played between the two.

Transfer speculation linking him to AC Milan :(

Don't go Mario

Transfer speculation linking him to AC Milan :(

Don't go Mario

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Is it true that he likes to have a few smokes.Not a pack a day now but regulary smoking all the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

According to Mancini it's 5 or 6 a day and regular enough in Italy for players to smoke, so he doesn't discipline him for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

baz2009 wrote: »
    According to Mancini it's 5 or 6 a day and regular enough in Italy for players to smoke, so he doesn't discipline him for it.

Yes it is true

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/30/manchester-city-mario-balotelli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

balotelli-199x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

ollie1 wrote: »

ah but hes not in italy.
    he a prem player now so he cant be different (aka suarez), according to the FA.

hadepsx wrote: »
    ah but hes not in italy.
    he a prem player now so he cant be different (aka suarez), according to the FA.
    Are you comparing smoking a cigarette to possible racist abuse?

This forum is just getting stupider and stupider.

I miss when this was a fun thread about Mario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

efb wrote: »
    I miss when this was a fun thread about Mario

I know...... It's becoming increasingly more difficult to escape the absolute mind numbing discussion of Suarez and Evra. :D

I know...... It's becoming increasingly more difficult to escape the absolute mind numbing discussion of Suarez and Evra. :D

or even rooney

can we have a thread without any ref to Man Und or Liverpool?

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can get a good Mario T-Shirt?

Advertisement