Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

hadepsx wrote: »
    ah but hes not in italy.
    he a prem player now so he cant be different (aka suarez), according to the FA.

CITYT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Mario was in the Arndale handing out tickets to the FA Cup tie on Tues apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

he would get so annoying if he wasnt such a serious footballer but since hes so awesome this stuff will never get old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Mario-Balotelli-ha_1789974b.jpg
    The guys a legend. Us City fans love him; never a boring moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Mario was in the Arndale handing out tickets to the FA Cup tie on Tues apparently!

Suppose they need to find some way to shift all the unsold tickets.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

baz2009 wrote: »
    Suppose they need to find some way to shift all the unsold tickets.;)

and they say there more City fans in Manchester then United:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Doing the rounds on twitter, that Balotelli while in a grage filling his car with petrol told everyone in the garage to do the same, not sure if its true or not but if it is this mans legendary status continues to grow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Absolute hero in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Cant get enough of his antics. Hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

yermandan wrote: »
    Cant get enough of his antics. Hero

I want a timeline that keeps up to date with his latest antics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I want a timeline that keeps up to date with his latest antics.

Agree, I think the OP should be backdated to include all his antics, and updated accordingly in the future. I also think he'd flourish under the management of Paolo DiCanio. DiCanio for City..

and they say there more City fans in Manchester then United:P

Wakka Wakka

What else have you been taught? Polly want a cracker?

Utd have an average attendance % of 99.5, City have 97.9.

How that is broken down is anyones guess. But I'm sure Utd don't have 75% first timers every week. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I need to see a photo of him doing one of these antics before I believe anymore stories, tbh! Even though I was a real believer of his wackiness, I'm becoming quite skeptical.
    Wakka Wakka

What else have you been taught? Plonker want a cracker?

How that is broken down is anyones guess. But I'm sure Utd don't have 75% first timers every week. :rolleyes:

Good God you're a sensitive one, aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Doing the rounds on twitter, that Balotelli while in a grage filling his car with petrol told everyone in the garage to do the same, not sure if its true or not but if it is this mans legendary status continues to grow.

Especially if he never mentioned paying for it, and people did fill up, then he just drove off without paying for his,

I'd salute him more for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Wakka Wakka

That can't be right, unless the capacity is 952,381.:confused:

nealpatrick.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wakka Wakka

A bit of banter and he breaks out the stats and a rolleyes?

Relaaaaax...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

dont get it, explain the joke plz!

/slow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

dont get it, explain the joke plz!

/slow :(

Utd have an average attendance % of 99.5, City have 97.9

He left the percentage sign out, and hence the response implied that Cities average attendance is the capacity of the City of Manchester Stadium multiplied by a factor of 97.9 (the average gate being 97.9 times the capacity), as oppose to the average attendance being 97.9% of the capacity (capacity x average attendance %)

Maths joke. Would have gone down a storm with Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Radijh in the Big Bang Theory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

bleeeeh

I did applied maths and maths in college!! my brain just doesnt function anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Love Mario...what a legend.
    Truly the Robin of Hood of soccer. Can't wait til he signs for forest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Love Mario...what a legend.
    Truly the Robin of Hood of soccer. Can't wait til he signs for forest.

Do Sherwood have a football team?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is he on Twitter yet?! I would seriously join just to follow him.

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Utd have an average attendance % of 99.5, City have 97.9

He left the percentage sign out, and hence the response implied that Cities average attendance is the capacity of the City of Manchester Stadium multiplied by a factor of 97.9 (the average gate being 97.9 times the capacity), as oppose to the average attendance being 97.9% of the capacity (capacity x average attendance %)

Maths joke. Would have gone down a storm with Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Radijh in the Big Bang Theory

The-Big-Bang-Theory-sheldon-cooper-480x378.jpg

?? I think you would find the percentage sign takes place as the subject of the stat and implies that both figures are percentage figures.

In the media you will commonly see for slow people the following interputation of the statement:

Utd have an average attendance % of 99.5, City have [an average attendance % of] 97.9

Regardless of the use of % sign, both figures are presented identically so if the claim of 97.9 is a multiplication factor, then so too is 99.5.

For a Super Mario Appreciation Thread, I think this is needless trolling. I do realise in future I shouldn't get wound up by a clown that repeats hwatever he hears and struggles to form a cognitive, witty or original comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

The-Big-Bang-Theory-sheldon-cooper-480x378.jpg

?? I think you would find the percentage sign takes place as the subject of the stat and implies that both figures are percentage figures.

In the media you will commonly see for slow people the following interputation of the statement:

Utd have an average attendance % of 99.5, City have [an average attendance % of] 97.9

Regardless of the use of % sign, both figures are presented identically so if the claim of 97.9 is a multiplication factor, then so too is 99.5.

For a Super Mario Appreciation Thread, I think this is needless trolling. I do realise in future I shouldn't get wound up by a clown that repeats hwatever he hears and struggles to form a cognitive, witty or original comment.

Mario-Balotelli-006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Where is Balotelli anyway?

Is he injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not injured,was in one of his sulky moods last night and not interested so Mancini took him off.

• Advertisement

In fairness I didn't see a sulky mood. I would have thought Mancini took him off before he got himself sent off. He had some fantastic bits of skill but the Adam incident made it clear he was going to end up doing something reckless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

zerks wrote: »
    Not injured,was in one of his sulky moods last night and not interested so Mancini took him off.

coming back form injury and he did not look right thats why he was taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

He strikes again! Legend! :pac:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1470556_madcap-mario-strikes-again-balotelli-walks-into-manchester-school-and-asks-pupils-if-he-can-use-the-toilet
    Manchester City star Mario Balotelli stunned college students when he parked his luxury Bentley outside their classrooms and strolled in to ask if he could use the toilet.

The eccentric Blues star turned up unannounced at the 1,800-pupil Xaverian College in Manchester around 1.30pm this afternoon.

Parking his white Bentley in the car park he strolled into the Rusholme college’s canteen area to ask pupils where the toilets were.

After spending a penny he went into the staff room to speak to teachers.

Accompanied by three friends he then walked around the campus of the sixth form college followed by cheering Man City supporting students.

After staying for around 20 minutes Balotelli and his friends drove off – leaving amazed students frantically calling and texting their friends to tell them what happened.

Eighteen-year-old Edward Gasson was sitting in the canteen with friends when the Blues star arrived.

He said: “Balotelli parked his Bentley outside then came in and was asking where the toilets were, then he went to the teacher’s staff room.

“After that he was just walking round campus like he owned the place and everyone was following him around.

“I’m a City fan so it was amazing to see him but it was a bit ridiculous for him to come here – you would never expect it to happen.”

Fellow student Josh Keogh, also 18, said: “When he was walking around all the City fans were cheering him.

“He just seemed proper chilled. It was really weird to see him at our college but pretty amazing.”

A spokesperson for Catholic Xaverian College on Lower Park Road - which is located just a mile from City's former Maine Road ground - confirmed the star had visited the college.

They said: ‘Xaverian was delighted to receive a surprise visit from Mario, who chatted to some of the students at one of Manchester’s most successful colleges.

“We weren’t able to enrol him on any courses, but he is welcome back anytime.”

Excited pupils posted messages about the visit on Twitter.

Lauren Garnes tweeted: "Ok so Mario Balotelli randomly turned up at my college today, walked round for a bit and drove off in his white bentley.. average day really"

O'brien Richards wrote: "Balotelli walking aroun in my college", while another student tweeted: "Why is Balotelli even at xaverian college? Hahahhahahaaa"

One pupil added: "Why was balotelli rolling through my college? He has too much time on his hands man".

Balotelli played for City in last night's Carling Cup semi final at the Etihad Stadium but was substituted shortly before half time after suffering an injury.

The player last year wore a T-shirt with the words "Why always me?" after a string of headlines about his eccentric off-field behaviour.

In October 2010 he drove his Mercedes through an open security gate at a women's prison in Italy after deciding he would take a look around. He was questioned by prison officials for half an hour before he was allowed to leave.

Last October his Cheshire home was set on fire when a firework went off in the bathroom and at Christmas he walked into St John's Church, Chorlton, for midnight mass and put £200 into the collection tin.

It has also been reported that he drove around Manchester handing money to homeless people, although this was denied by Manchester City.

In an interview with an Italian newspaper earlier this week he said: "I'm not mad, not at all – even if sometimes I do things that are a bit strange."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Taking a piss, what a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Just love having this guy in the PL. What a fruitcake:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thought he was a gook at the start but now I'm warming to him. He's a total loose cannon, it's brilliant. He even has a song written about him. Can't wait to hear what he does next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

gook
    I imagine that's autocorrect for fool... But why would it autocorrect to gook? :eek:

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I imagine that's autocorrect for fool... But why would it autocorrect to gook? :eek:

Haha no I actually wrote down gook. It's a word I've only ever heard being used by either me or brother. It's a variation of goon.

It doesn't have the universal recognition of "droolers" yet, but I'm hoping that I can spread the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Haha no I actually wrote down gook. It's a word I've only ever heard being used by either me or brother. It's a variation of goon.

It doesn't have the universal recognition of "droolers" yet, but I'm hoping that I can spread the word.

Eh, it's a racial slur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gook

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

It's actually a word that's highly offensive to Asian people. But because you meant it in a different way the FA mods might send a team of "experts" to your house to find out if the use you describe is actually deemed acceptable in your house..Then ban you for 8 weeks anyway.

By god that's the first I've heard of that. Well I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone that I may have offended with it. In my house it's a term of endearment, but I realise that is not the case everywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

By god that's the first I've heard of that. Well I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone that I may have offended with it. In my house it's a term of endearment, but I realise that is not the case everywhere else.

Somebody get this guy a copy of Apocolypse Now on DVD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Somebody get this guy a copy of Apocolypse Now on DVD!

Get him a copy of gran torino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

rightthere.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

No need for apologies:)
    So many different terms are used to describe things worldwide that it can be easy to say the wrong thing.....

When my youngest son was a small baby we visited friends in Dublin (I'm from Galway). My son was crying a little and my friend went to pick him up. I told her hot to worry as he was only having a little 'minge' having never heard the term before. To me it was a cross between 'whinge' and 'moan':o

I was fcukin mortified when she told me what it actually meant. That was 10 years ago and it stills cracks us up when we think how I'd been using this word to describe his whinging for the previous 6 months:D

If only someone else was as quick to apologise :p

ASOT wrote: »
    Get him a copy of gran torino.

Ah balls is it in that. It's one of my favourite films. Impossible nearly to understand any of the dialogue though between Clint's drawl and the other guys accents.
    No need for apologies:)
    So many different terms are used to describe things worldwide that it can be easy to say the wrong thing.....

When my youngest son was a small baby we visited friends in Dublin (I'm from Galway). My son was crying a little and my friend went to pick him up. I told her hot to worry as he was only having a little 'minge' having never heard the term before. To me it was a cross between 'whinge' and 'moan':o

I was fcukin mortified when she told me what it actually meant. That was 10 years ago and it stills cracks us up when we think how I'd been using this word to describe his whinging for the previous 6 months:D

Ha that's disgraceful. I was taught by my dad in school and he was forever getting words and meanings mixed up so I've experienced a good few of them before. None as blatant as that though :pac:.

Anyway back on topic: I can't wait to hear what Mario does next. It wouldn't surprise if one day he drove to United's training ground, walked in and started kicking around with Rooney and Nani on the pitch. Wouldn't be the maddest thing he's done.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

O'brien Richards wrote: "Balotelli walking aroun in my college"

Parents were Wanderly Wagon fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Rumour going around Balo has paid all outstanding fines at Manchester Uni’s library which also includes...

-Survived a usually fatal disease at birth
    • £10,000 in parking fines.
    • Car has been impounded 27 times.
    • £300,000 fine for throwing darts at the youth team.
    • Won £25,000 in a casino, gave £1,000 to a tramp outside the casino.
    • Threw tomatoes at a Serie A manager.
    • Threw Water Balloons at a Serie A disciplinary hearing.
    • Started a fight with 4 bouncers after breaking the “no touching” rule at a strip club.
    • The “bib” saga.
    • Had a £120,000 Audi imported, wrote it off within a week.
    • Had his friend approached girls in a nightclub and say “Balotelli will see you now”
    • Sent to the shops by his mother to buy essentials for the house, came back with a giant trampoline and a Vespa and a Scalectrix.
    • Has started fights at training with Kompany, Boateng, Tevez and Richards.
    • Was frequently seen at the AC Milan superstore while playing for Inter Milan.
    • Went on TV wearing an AC Milan shirt with his name on the back while playing for Inter.
    • Whilst playing for Italy under 21’s, he is fouled, he sits on the pitch for 3-4 minutes ignoring the opposition, his team mates and the referee.
    • He is then offended when he gets sent off and protests about it.
    • Winks at Ferdinand after FA cup semi final and celebrates in front of the United fans.
    • After the cup final on live TV, he says “ I have been sh*t this season, am I allowed say sh*t on TV?
    • Was stopped by police going around his hometown of Hulme with £ 25,000 cash in the passenger seat. When asked why he replied “ because I’m rich”
    • Had to be physically hauled away by Zanetti for refusing to let Samuel Eto’o take a penalty that he had earned.
    • Once broke up with a girlfriend via text whilst she was presenting a live show.
    • Slept with an Italian model while his girlfriend was downstairs.
    • Drove his car into a women’s prison because he wanted to “look around”
    • Has connections with the Italian mafia, he has testified in court at a Mafia trial.
    • Brought his Ipad on to the bench for Italy’s international against the Faroe Islands because he wanted to play games on it.
    • Was seen in a Manchester shopping centre “hi-fiving” city fans the day after City had beaten United 6-1.
    • Became the face of a firework safety campaign a few days after setting his house on fire from letting off fireworks indoors.
    • Hands £50 notes to strangers when out shopping in Manchester.
    • Chanted “Rooney, Rooney” at the prostitute who claimed to have slept with Wayne Rooney.
    • Italy had just brought out a brand new home kit, at the start of the second half for their first match wearing the new kit, Balotelli came out in the old kit, claiming he didn’t like the new one. Nobody else had changed.
    • Turned the landscaped back garden of his house into a Quad bike track.

In the words of the man himself...

Balotelli-Why-Always-Me-500x293.jpg

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The other day at the Manchester City training ground, workers in the
    front office were surprised to see a familiar black sports car eschewing
    its usual parking space and heading towards the large glass frontage at a
    significant lick. Just as those inside were preparing to dive for cover,
    the car halted, close enough for the automatic glass doors to part
    silently. And Balotelli's curiosity was satisfied. As he explained to
    nervous staff afterwards, he knew the doors worked when a person walked
    towards them, but a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He should have hired this guy.

I'm a United fan and I think the guy is brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement