Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

What do you want him to do? Pay 50 grand for a watch and leave it at home?

LOL. Thought this was quiet funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

What do you want him to do? Pay 50 grand for a watch and leave it at home?

Brilliant....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

no, pay 100grand on watches on hang them off himself of course...

he should spend more time learning how to fit training bibs.

119.jpg

But if he learned how to put on a training bib then we wouldn't be able to laugh at him not being able to put on a training bib :pac:
    killwill wrote: »
    LOL. Thought this was quiet funny!
    Brilliant....:D

Thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

joe123 wrote: »
    In a country that has notoriously racist undertones from some of its football fans, sadly yes I think he is suggesting that.

If not, the guy that drew it and editor who gave it the go ahead are very stupid, especially with racism so high on the agenda these past couple of months.
    You are generalising now which is never a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Owen_S wrote: »
    So you despise somebody for having 'issues mentally'?

despise, thats a bit strong i only despise joey barton :D, balotelli has some sort problems, attention seeking etc, and anger problems, no wonder the papers love him, as i said earlier good player though

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Balotelli: "When I score I don't celebrate, because I do my work. When the postman delivers your letters, does he celebrate?"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

-Ade- wrote: »
    Balotelli: "When I score I don't celebrate, because I do my work. When the postman delivers your letters, does he celebrate?"

Some of the kips I've lived in, the post man should be fully entitled to celebrate getting in and out alive, yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

eagle eye wrote: »
    The world has gone mad I think when you see a story about a harmless cartoon.

If that was Di Canio up on Westminister there wouldn't be a word about it. The cartoon for me is depicting a man who has risen to the top of the game in England and the Italian International team despite all the crazy stuff he has done.

I suppose its what you behold when you look at a picture but racial thoughts never enter my head at all. Only time that happens is when I come on here or talk to some gutter press reading soccer fan in the pub.

What a crazy post. Do you just go out of your way to defend the indefensible the whole time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

he is every thing that is wrong about over paid footballers, a rotten attitude all round, big headed, he def has issues mentally,

Overpaid? He gets paid about 6-7 million a year before tax. That pass to Aguero in the last minute against QPR was well worth more than 6-7 million. Add to that all the crucial goals in the season which led up to that moment. 6-7 million a year is a bargain for what he contributed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

A King

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Everything that's wrong with modern footballers they said.

Has done nothing to deserve the hype they said.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've come to the conclusion that I both like and dislike Mario Balotelli in equal measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Everything that's wrong with modern footballers they said.

Has done nothing to deserve the hype they said.

:rolleyes:

He's a hero!!!! Absolute pure entertainment. The thing with him as well, almost hidden amongst the controversy, is the fact he's a brilliant player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Never doubted him.. Boss player when he sets his mind to it

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭dixierip

He is a character and you never know what he'll do next. Makes things more interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Super Mario!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

A King

MV5BMTk3Mzc5NDIzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEwNDQxNA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

King Eric is bemused by your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brilliant and sad thing about him his when he scored the screamer and got booked for taking his top off, fair few people thinking hes gonna get sent bleedin off later in the game for a stupid tackle.

Hes mental and brilliant in equal measures.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that I both like and dislike Mario Balotelli in equal measure.

I hate him when he's winning the Premier League for City.

I love him when he comes out and compares himself to a postman.

He's the ultimate loose cannon. In the final he could get sent off after 5 minutes or he could bang in 3 goals. Can't keep your eyes off him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What pisses me off about Balotelli is the "Lolz, Ladotelli is a leguhnd!1!!".

For example, had any other player lay there instead of doing press ups everyone would be calling them a "Lazy cúnt" etc., but because it's Balotelli it's hilarious.

I used to like him too, but fúcktards on my Facebook and Twitter have ruined him for me.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

For example, had any other player lay there instead of doing press ups everyone would be calling them a "Lazy cúnt" etc., but because it's Balotelli it's hilarious.

I used to like him too, but fúcktards on my Facebook and Twitter have ruined him for me.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

baz2009 wrote: »

tbh its his attitude, City fans love him now cos hes playing for them and winning. Gaurantee the minute he demands his transfer to whoever they will switch over.

personally i prefer my professional footballers to be professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If he played for Madrid or Man Utd he could very well been most hated footballer of all time.

He not very well liked in Italy if my Italian friends are to be believed. Could change at wend.

baz2009 wrote: »

Ah to be fair anyone that says that 'true lad' shít is a dope and is best avoided at all costs.

Some of the stuff that he does is completely retarded, other stuff is great. As long as he's not being a total gobshíte then he's grand.

Oh and I don't think anyone would be calling him a lazy cúnt after seeing his muscles tonight when he whipped off his jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dreamers75 wrote: »

I like my professional footballers to score a load of goals, win plenty of trophies and entertain the watching public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I like mine to have strong sexy legs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

he has the maturity of an 11 year old, the jury is still out on him.

and people saying he is world class must be smoking a new grade pineapple express, messi is on a different galaxy to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

as a united fan, I'm taking the opportunity to sit back and be entertained by him this tournament

just sit there and say "lol, that lovable rogue balotelli", cos I won't be doing it in a few months

he has the maturity of an 11 year old, the jury is still out on him.

and people saying he is world class must be smoking a new grade pineapple express, messi is on a different galaxy to him.

What the **** does that have to do with anything?

Your suggesting that if someone is not as good as or better then Messi he can't be world class? Messi is the only world class player on the planet?

ridiculous comment tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He celebrated his second goal by taking off his shirt and striking a typically defiant pose.
    "They didn't get angry because I was booked for taking my shirt off, but they saw my physique and got jealous,"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The boy came of age last night. Personally delighted for him. Hopefully will go on & win the final for Italy now.

If he cut's out the nonsense for the new season he could be top scorer in the league. That tackle on Song was seriously bad form though. He has a long way to go to prove to people that he can play consistently over the course of a season & not getting sent off every other game.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    tbh its his attitude, City fans love him now cos hes playing for them and winning. Gaurantee the minute he demands his transfer to whoever they will switch over.

Show me any club where a fan favourite has demanded a transfer and the fans havent kicked up stink and either hated the player if he left or loved him and forgot about the whole incident.

Rooney, Gerrard, Torres, Modric to name a few spring to mind regarding the above.

Happens all over the world really.

Rooney still has a few people left to win over after his negotiation tactic

kryogen wrote: »
    Rooney still has a few people left to win over after his negotiation tactic

Really? I thought it would have been forgotten about now, hes stepped up another level with his goals and perforamnces since then, I suppose its the least you can expect when he signs a bumper deal though.

gavredking wrote: »
    Really? I thought it would have been forgotten about now, hes stepped up another level with his goals and perforamnces since then, I suppose its the least you can expect when he signs a bumper deal though.

I guess I can't speak for everyone, but the way he conducted himself has still left me with a slight distaste for him.

His goals record has improved alright but in a way I think his performances have dropped slightly, he was pretty non existent in a lot of games but managed to get on the score sheet last year. Now in the grand scheme of things thats all that really matters I guess, Mario Gomez has made a name for himself doing it.

He still has a bit to go to make me forget about it anyway. I have forgiven him but don't see him as being a United player for life anymore, if and when he is sold it won't come as, as much of a surprise or disappointment to me, provided we have replacement in place or lined up.

He might make me love him again this season though hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He not very well liked in Italy if my Italian friends are to be believed. Could change at wend.

I imagine last night would have gone some way to correct that

greendom wrote: »
    I imagine last night would have gone some way to correct that

Only if they win it to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

gavredking wrote: »

There are few who still holds it against him, can't blame them for it either, but I for one have no problem with it. He apologised for it(maybe after bigger contract) and we have to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

kryogen wrote: »
    What the **** does that have to do with anything?

Your suggesting that if someone is not as good as or better then Messi he can't be world class? Messi is the only world class player on the planet?

ridiculous comment tbh

Don't even get me started on how he said on a galaxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Only if they win it to some.

And I wonder what the odds are on him getting sent off on Sunday

I hope he plays well as I am rooting for Italy on Sunday cause always have soft spot for Italy. Plus my Dad actually has Balotelli to be Top Goalscorer ew at savage price.

I had Poldolski:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

He should have did press-ups as part of his goal celebration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I hope he plays well as I am rooting for Italy on Sunday cause always have soft spot for Italy. Plus my Dad actually has Balotelli to be Top Goalscorer ew at savage price.

I had Poldolski:o
    Me too, 33/1. Needs a goal to win it by himself, will almost definitely be joint winner at worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

He's a player with a ridiculous amount of talent but he's also a massive liability.

He's just as likely to cost you a game as he is to win you one. His antics at City last season were disgraceful at times and he made Mancini look like a clown more than once. I can't see him staying to long at City and when he inevitably demands a transfer i wonder will the love in from City fans for this volatile character continue.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Me too, 33/1. Needs a goal to win it by himself, will almost definitely be joint winner at worst

My Dad just got little higher I think it was 42 on Betfair and 9/1 place.

Place money looks certain anyway for you and hopefully you get 1 goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

CSF wrote: »

Gomez is leading it due to an assist at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

At present I love Balotelli, but tbh I think it's just a matter of time before he does something very stupid like a wreckless leg breaking tackle and a lot of his fans will turn on him. He seems like a nice guy though other than his occasional temper.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Gomez is leading it due to an assist at the minute.

Seriously?

How come assists are included in a top scorer market?

Is it a tie break or something? It wouldnt be right in other circumstances sure, a guy could score 1 but assist 4 and finish ahead of a guy who scored 4 if that was the case then?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Balotelli's fireworks send fancied Germans out - analysis of last night's game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement