Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor messasges problem?

Options
  • 18-12-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

last few days im having problems sending and receiving txt messages.when i try and send a message alot of them are failing to send and i have to keep trying. and when im receiving txts im getting 2 and 3 together at the same time when the messages were sent at different times. And also people have been trying to ring me and are getting a message saying im unavailible when that is not the case. anyone else having these problems with meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Phoned up customer care today about this issue. Was told its not a network problem as the masts in my area are working fine. Was told it could be a sim card problem or handset problem. I have the sim card about 8 years,do they have a working lifespan?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

My sister ,boyfriend and myself are all experiencing the same problems its very frustrating. I doubt it's your sim.

What part of country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

I'm in Coolock and my boyfriend is in Swords.

Im in coolock as well. They have there masts up beside woodies and he said there all working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Did ye try the simple things first, like removing and refitting either or both sim card and battery.... always worth a try.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Did ye try the simple things first, like removing and refitting either or both sim card and battery.... always worth a try.
    i took sim out for 5 mins earlier and stil having same problems. Im sending and receiving messages via whatsapp no problem so dnt no what the story is. Pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

I am having this issue aswell, it only started on tuesday, I cannot recieve texts from one number only (a very important number ;) ) Everything else is working fine but i dont have the patience to listen to 'We are busier than usual today, please hold'.

I went into meteor today in donaghmede. The girl said they are aware of a problem in the coolock,artane,belcamp,northside area and are working on it.

Advertisement