Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor.blackberry.com access

Options
  • 18-12-2011 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey All,

Just got my 9900 :D And loving it.

Just wondering is there a way I can access all the Blackberry BIS stuff online, away from my browser.

I have a feeling it might be at meteor.blackberry.com but I can't seem to get access to it.

I've tried logging in with my Blackberry ID but not getting in.

Do I need a special meteor account or something?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

So you need to get meteor to provision your account (bill or pre pa) with BIS. If that's done go to settings, device, advanced settings, host routing and press menu and register. Once the service books arrive you should be able to access your account from your device by going to setup ( a blackberry shaped icon with a cog).

Post back if you've any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 _underscore

Ok, well my account has been provisioned and was able to setup meteor.blackberry.com from the device. Still can't logon via the web portal.

Also, another question: Say I add another email from say another service to my Blackberry and it's stuff is synced. I'm assuming it's synced with the BIS servers (contacts, calenders, email etc) is there anyway I can logon to a website to access these items?

Thanks.

You dont login to that site on the browser you got to an icon that looks like this and click it:
    185649.jpg

Then click this icon:
    185650.jpg

You should then be take to the area to edit your email accounts. Any problems post back.

Ah yea, that's what I did. That's fine so, just curious to see whats at meteor.blackberry.com is all.

Another query, I notice that you have an NFC icon on that setup screen, but I don't.

I have NFC options elsewhere but not here. I wonder why that is? Is there a chance it's not enable on my Meteor device?

Thanks.

Well there's no real applications needing/utilising NFC as of yet. Not sure why you dont have the option but I can get you the wifi hotspot feature with an OS upgrade, if you like. This is were you can use your data signal from meteor and turn your phone into a wifi router so other devices can use your data. Get it here:

http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/blackberry-os-7-1-brings-hotspot-function/

• Advertisement

The reason I need NFC is i'm actually working on a project that utilises NFC for my college final year project. If it's disabled on the device i'm screwed.. haven't had a chance to try it out yet as I'm super busy.

Cool, maybe that NFC setup option is in the upgrade also.

What version of BB OS are you running?

Thanks.

It could be disabled on meteor but if it is then thats the first I've heard of it. An OS upgrade could enable it though.

Ah, that explains.

I'm only on 7.0. You probably got that NFC setup menu in the upgrade.

I'll give it a shot over the crimbo :)

Thanks.

I actually always had NFC available on my O2 bought 9900. I original had 7.0.0.246 and it had NFC. But see if the upgrade gives you it. If not ask Meteor are they blocking it.

Advertisement