Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thats it...Ive seen it all with dlc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

fools and their money are easily parted as they say, tbh if your stupid enough to pay that you deserve to be ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I am willing to bet that those above my post have never heard of the game before until this story.
    Thank you for adding to advertising stunt NFS World is pulling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd save that facepalm for the number of people who will inevitably buy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

gizmo wrote: »
    I'd save that facepalm for the number of people who will inevitably buy it :)

I dont think i can fit enough people for the ultimate facepalm picture when that happens :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

CORaven wrote: »
    I am willing to bet that those above my post have never heard of the game before until this story.
    Thank you for adding to advertising stunt NFS World is pulling.

ive actually played it and its pretty crappy tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh what do you expect from people who publish a ****e racing game? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Gentlemen, start your ganking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i read about it few days ago. it was a real /facepalm moment for me too.

i heard about the game, but i heard how **** and grind festy it is. For me as petrolhead, this Move ( and the game itself ) by EA is just a freaking joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

For the oul mobile users. But yeah, that's stupid as f*ck.
    Put down your coffee before you choke into it again. Need For Speed World is offering a DLC car for $100, or over £64.

Presumably intended for those who just can't cope with the weight of all their money in their pockets, the CCX "Elite" Edition car is available in the free-to-play MMO racer now.
    To coax you into the idea, EA is currently selling it for $75, until December 21. Oh, well that's a whole lot more tempting, isn't it.

The CCX is billed as the first of presumably many "premium elite" cars headed to the racer/MMO hybrid, which recently topped five million registered users.

Don't all rush in at once.

[ Source: Gamespot ]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't wait to see how many idiots will pay this. But, if i was a gaming rich kid i'd probably pay it too. Or rich. I just want to be rich... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Can't wait to see how many idiots will pay this. But, if i was a gaming rich kid i'd probably pay it too. Or rich. I just want to be rich... :(

I remember "noob horse" back in wow 20eu mount.People who bough it were made fun off every time they show up on that horse. No one were using them for awile lol.

Though 20 quid is not 100...

That's the thing I guess. I mean look at the Bugatti Veyron, a car which usually appears in a similar tier to the car EA is offering and one which may be offered in the future for a similar price. In real life, the base price of that car is $1.7m. Now, relatively speaking, would you call someone who bought one of those an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

That's the thing I guess. I mean look at the Bugatti Veyron, a car which usually appears in a similar tier to the car EA is offering and one which may be offered in the future for a similar price. In real life, the base price of that car is $1.7m. Now, relatively speaking, would you call someone who bought one of those an idiot?

Yes,a Citroen Saxo is just as good! $1.7 million for a badge! :mad: :pac:

OT: Each to there own I suppose, I would never buy it but if someone can afford to then so be it I suppose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So retarded... the game itself is actually rather good in balanced races.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If they're dumb enought to pay it, then let them lose their cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Wow, so when they said "You wouldn't download a car!" I thought "f*ck you, I would if I could", but it turns out they were right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

most dlc is simply a tax on the many, many, MANY idiotic gamers out there

anyone who buys it deserves to be ridiculed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you are ever in a position to even realistically consider buying a Veyron you could probably afford to buy it. Just like this, if you can realistically consider buying a DLC car for $100 then you can probably afford to buy it. My worry is that people will buy DLC at this price and it will raise the price of future "normal" DLC. Sheeple are stupid enough...

If you are ever in a position to even realistically consider buying a Veyron you could probably afford to buy it. Just like this, if you can realistically consider buying a DLC car for $100 then you can probably afford to buy it. My worry is that people will buy DLC at this price and it will raise the price of future "normal" DLC. Sheeple are stupid enough...
    I don't think there's any real danger of this happening. This is what's known as a vanity item and they've grown increasingly common in not only Free-To-Play type games like NFS: World, but online games in general. I take it you haven't heard of the $70 monocle in Eve for instance? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement