Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Title/Author Suggestions

Options
  • 18-12-2011 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I'm not exactly the reading type but just a few days ago I came across a book that I bought but only ever managed to get to page 50or something before giving up. Anyways im now on page 389 of the same book and I'm hoping you guys could give me some recommendations for my next book to read. Im currently reading Cecila Aherns 'Where Rainbows End'. Other books i have read include PS. i Love you, 5 of the harry potter books(about 5years ago). Like I previously said, im not a big reader but I think im actually beginning to like reading books. I used to think it was somewhat of a chore!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

If you like Cecelia Ahern, how about Sophie Kinsella? I recommend her Shopaholic series and also ''Can you Keep a Secret?'', especially. And how about some Jane Austen? Jodi Picoult? :)

Others you might enjoy:

Room by Emma Donoghue
    Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain
    The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
    Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
    No and Me by Delphine de Vigan
    Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
    One Day by David Nicholls
    The Perfect World by Suzanne Bugler

Okay, I think that's enough. :o I hope you find something you love! I'd also recommend goodreads.com. It's great for finding wonderful books and it helps you keep track of what you've read!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

There is a whole world of books out there just waiting to be read.

I would recommend joining your local library and working your way through some of the great books of our time.

To get you started, and going on your reading history, you might enjoy To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee or maybe The Northern Lights - part of a trilogy by Philip Pullmann.

Good luck and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Ok, I made some recommendations in another thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056484902

but also maybe Marian Keyes?

Jennifer Crusie books are silly but enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Thanks a million for the replies guys, definitely gonna check out the suggestions you have given me. Really appreciate it, I just hope I continue to read as Im quite enjoying it now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

If you like Cecelia Ahern, I think you would also like Patricia Scanlan or Kate McCabe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement