Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about buying this game..

Options
  • 18-12-2011 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey guys, thinking about buying this game for christmas for playstation. Just wondering what the opinions on it are.

It looks very impressive for pc and i fear that on the playstation there won't be much action so to speak, as in maps will be empty. What's the typical number of players in a lobby? What's the connections like typically? What's the over all vibe with the game.

I'm a good gamer normally kicking ass in COD but its getting a bit monotonous now, time for change thinks me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Most matches have full lobbies. Whether or not theres a lot of action depends on where you are - the edges of the map tend to be quiet, around the middle tends to be considerably more intense.

MP gameplay is decent on your own but it's an entirely different (for the better) game if you've got friends who play it as well. Co-Op can be fun too but the campaign left a lot to be desired.

I can't give you an opinion on connections because it seems to vary from person to person. I've seen some PS3 gamers complain endlessly about their connections where as I don't have too much trouble myself.

Overall, I think it's worth getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThomasMcd1994

I've played the PS3 copy at a friend's house.

Theres no need to worry about action as 24 players on maps that have been shortened down is great fun.

Connections do vary like Zomg Okay said but if you have a strict nat you will find it hard to get into non laggy games.

Campaign i myself have not tried but looks fun and co-op is fun with friends :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueArsedFly

£28 with free delivery on Amazon.

Amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Buy it! Trust me... Just bought it on PS3 at the weekend and I cannot put it down...

It's so damn good, and there are no 'empty' lobbies

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Just on this - I played Bad Company 2 but gave up on it pretty quickly after unlocking all the guns. But BF3 has kept its teeth sunk into me.

It's quite a different experience to other shooters - there's so many roles for players to perform for a team that shooting can be a secondary concern if you want it to be. The most powerful weapons - choppers and tanks, require two people working in unison.

Also, both a plus and a minus when you start playing it: it's a complicated game. Easy to pick up and play - but because you need to work with teammates to get the most out of it, you won't fully master it until you're in a squad with regulars.

It won't feel as smooth as COD - lag is unavoidable on consoles in this game, but it uses a server system, so if a game isn't laggy it shouldn't become so and you can bookmark servers you like.

Expect some frustration when the game doesn't always give you a fair chance (you can die from 'bad luck' for example, and bullets can follow you around corners). But when it's good it's epic.

All of the above only applies to multiplayer. Single player is patchy - with some highlights, but it's mostly mundane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Its definitely worth getting. I have it on PS3 and PC. Just remember, its not COD. If things aren't going your way don't just rage quit. Change your class or change your tactics. Spray and pray will not work and always be a team/squad player. Kill/Death ratios mean nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Best game ever... that simple really.

The server browser is incredible meaning you can be sure there will be a full quota in the game before starting - best addition to the series for PS3 players.

I have suffered no lag at all so can only say what I have experienced.

No voice chat is a serious issue though, surprised no1 has mentioned it above.

Advertisement