Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Motherboard?

Options
  • 18-12-2011 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Just reaieved everything from hardwareversand on Thursday for my new comp includine this mobo:

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=48516&agid=1232

And after installing windows and drivers I noticed there were small grapical glitches (artifacts) on some of the thumbnails, so in fear of the graphics card being faulty I tested the system with a different gpu but the aptifacts still appeared, when I tested out some games I also noticed I wasn't getting the propper frame rate i should be getting aswell so am I right in guessing that the pic-e slot is faulty?
    And it dosn't just ned there either, at first the onboapd sound was woriing without and bother but the tery next day after booting up ilto windmws I found that I wasn't gettine any sound, I check the speakerq on my MP3 player and there still grand and I even tested the HDMI audio on my epu and that worked grand so it's safe to say that the onboard audio is clearly faulty and if you think that is enough problems theres also a huge issue when installing driers for some devices (code51) both for USB and PCI so clearly te motherboard is faulty but I want to know what could be causing all these problems to all happen at once and what would be ideal way of dealing a RMA with hardwareversand?

Thanks in advance you guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Any chance of a screenshot to see what you're seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

it's not always constant but if it happens again i'll cap it, forgot to meantion video playback is very buggy and staticy as well a the audio from the hdmi

Heres the glitches I was talking about (altho they can be much worse at times)
    b4c4lf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

It would make more sense to be a driver or windows issue since the problem seems to be only present in pictures and not the whole display? Boot it with a linux live cd and see if it gets the same issues and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Given that you'd tested another card and it was still causing problems, the motherboard seems the most likely culprit but I'd check the PSU as well if you have a spare one just in case.

Edit: Actually deceit's idea is better.

• Advertisement

i should mentioned i already tried reinstalling windows a couple of times and trying different driver versions, i even tried ubuntu & puppy linux and its still causing me the exact same issues, just tried a different psu but no joy =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

i should mentioned i already tried reinstalling windows a couple of times and trying different driver versions, i even tried ubuntu & puppy linux and its still causing me the exact same issues, just tried a different psu but no joy =/

Have you checked for any bent pins on the motherboard around the section where it connects to the memory controller, these are common faults and can cause a wide range of problems including what you are experiencing but most of the time just cause memory to show having less than it is?

had a thorough look at the whole motherobard from top to bottom and i can't find any signs of physical damage what so ever, just tested the ram and cpu aswell just to be sure and there running grand on my mates mobo, giving hardwareversand a call tomorrow to arrange an rma, going to be awkward sorting it out with christmas so close

Advertisement