Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic weights set

Options
  • 18-12-2011 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Whats the craic lads, im new here so not sure if this is the right place to be posting this. Im relativley new to weightlifting having only been on a serious routine for about 1 year but i need an olympic weights set coz the bar i have bends on the deadlift and squat. Anybody here have the one from irish lifting.com? if so is it as good as it looks in the pics on the site? also how much weight can it hold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I have the one from Irish lifting. Tis a great set. It's a real olympic bar (7ft) so I imagine it holds a lot. I can only say from experience it holds 190kg with no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

+1 for the irishlifting gear.. i have it at home as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6 richy1916

which ones do yous think are better cast iron or rubber

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I have the iron ones, and they do fine. They get cold, and they're loud (if you're at home), other than that I don't see a need to spend more than necessary if it's for personal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The rubber is just a thin coating to stop clanking, do not confuse them with the bumper plates you see people throwing about.

The rubber would also help stop corrosion but I have a couple of irish lifting plates a good few years now and they are like new, an excellent paint job. -while all my york ones have signs of rust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 richy1916

ye thats y i asking because i have loads of the york cast iron and there rusting over time so im just using them for curl bar and a few sets of dumbells now want to get weights for the deadlifts don like changing weights about

Advertisement