Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with work in australia social care!

Options
  • 18-12-2011 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi, im a social care worker living in melbourne but finding it difficult to get a job in this line of work, i am working in childcare at the moment but new legislation coming in which does not recognise my degree as valid in australia to work with children or so ive been told!!! really annoyed about this as ill be out of a job now, has anyone else had this problem?? could anyone help me out with how i would get my degree recognised??

or has anyone got any job websites or recruitment agency contacts which could help me with finding work in social care??

Thanks,

LYNDA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Hi Lynda. Myself and my wife worked for an agency in Oz called ACL Disability Services a few years ago. It was called Chatswood Supported Living at the time but it appears to have expanded since. They were good people to work for, they might be able to help you out with theinformation you need in relationto your qualification, or even work, depending on the circumstances.

Their website.

The best of luck.

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pussnboots

lynyg18 wrote: »
    hi, im a social care worker living in melbourne but finding it difficult to get a job in this line of work, i am working in childcare at the moment but new legislation coming in which does not recognise my degree as valid in australia to work with children or so ive been told!!! really annoyed about this as ill be out of a job now, has anyone else had this problem?? could anyone help me out with how i would get my degree recognised??

or has anyone got any job websites or recruitment agency contacts which could help me with finding work in social care??

Thanks,

LYNDA

Hey Lynda

I am a social care worker hoping to travel in the next few months and i was led to believe that our qualifications are in serious demand in Oz, can i ask where you heard about this legislation?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lynyg18

Pussnboots wrote: »
    Hey Lynda

I am a social care worker hoping to travel in the next few months and i was led to believe that our qualifications are in serious demand in Oz, can i ask where you heard about this legislation?

I was told the same , they dont understand what social care is to be honest

Advertisement