Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road conditions Sun 18th.

• 18-12-2011 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Heads up to anyone driving around the Limerick area.

Never seen the roads as bad as they are this morning, motorway from castletroy as far as p/well one sheet of glass, lots of cars spun off into ditches.

Take extra care as they have not been gritted as of yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

oleras wrote: »
    Heads up to anyone driving around the Limerick area.

Never seen the roads as bad as they are this morning, motorway from castletroy as far as p/well one sheet of glass, lots of cars spun off into ditches.

Take extra care as they have not been gritted as of yet.
    Wtf are the council doing. MET eireann warned about black ice and they still didn't
    Bother salting the roads. Bunch of irresponsible bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks Oleras I am heading out that way in a few minutes so will be extra careful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Thanks Oleras I am heading out that way in a few minutes so will be extra careful

Take it handy, they are very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wow, thanks for the info,heading into limk from ardagh for shopping and the munster match. As said what are council doing,shower of muppets.

Wow, thanks for the info,heading into limk from ardagh for shopping and the munster match. As said what are council doing,shower of muppets.

Was only chatting to a fellow over in Knockaderry and he said the main road was the best of it !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The motorway and other roads were definitely salted last night, bout 11ish? Maybe there was some unforeseen rain between then and now.

langdang wrote: »
    The motorway and other roads were definitely salted last night, bout 11ish? Maybe there was some unforeseen rain between then and now.

Rained heavy about 3am.

Last wed morning, i passed the gritter on the mway at 7.45am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

oleras wrote: »

Rained heavy about 3am.

Last wed morning, i passed the gritter on the mway at 7.45am.

Can anyone tell me what it's like out the Foynes/Askeaton direction of N69? I have to head out there later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was driving some friends home last night at 1am, and the back roads were lethal. I knew they were bad, I was driving well under the speed limit, and still had a couple of skids. I was glad to get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Taking the shannon to limerick dual carriageway and the road was bad alright, saw 1 car in the centre median on the far side facing the wrong way, and 2 more crashed being picked up by a recover truck. This was all before 8 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

When should the council normally grit, 6am or 7am in the morning? Looks like the job definitely wasn't done this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

My dad works for the county council and he was out gritting from 8pm to 1 am last night,they take it in shifts,he was out fri night too from midnight....don't tar them all with the same brush ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Foxadoyle

Gritters were out at 6pm this evening on the road by Old Crescent FC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Akrasia wrote: »
    Wtf are the council doing. MET eireann warned about black ice and they still didn't
    Bother salting the roads. Bunch of irresponsible bastards

You know what there really doing they have been using up all the salt in Dublin for the past 2weeks. when there was no need. There none left :pac:

Honestly there was no ice in dublin but the gritters were out even the taxi drivers agreed with me:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

unforeseen rain

In Ireland the above is not a valid excuse

You know what there really doing they have been using up all the salt in Dublin for the past 2weeks. when there was no need. There none left :pac:

Honestly there was no ice in dublin but the gritters were out even the taxi drivers agreed with me:eek:

If there is no salt left, I swear to god the government should be lined up and shot after all the hulabaloo about them having huge supplies of extra salt this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watch yourselves on the footpaths too. Slipped going out to the car yesterday and landed on the side of my face. Nice black eye, an afternoon in A&E, 7 stitches and a tetanus shot for my trouble. Heading into ophthalmologist now to make sure there is no serious damage to the eye.

Watch your step, and buy some salt for the paths outside your house.

Mr E wrote: »
    Just watch yourselves on the footpaths too. Slipped going out to the car yesterday and landed on the side of my face. Nice black eye, an afternoon in A&E, 7 stitches and a tetanus shot for my trouble. Heading into ophthalmologist now to make sure there is no serious damage to the eye.

Watch your step, and buy some salt for the paths outside your house.

Pity RTE weren't filming...
    Seriously though, ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

phill106 wrote: »
    Pity RTE weren't filming...
    Seriously though, ouch!

You mean like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CT0a-Hgumo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

When I was on my way home Sunday morning about 8.30am there was a car on the ditch between the Ballysimon interchange and N20/N18 interchange, with an ambulance. It looked like the car had rolled as the drivers side front pillar was squashed in. No fire unit though.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »

exactly!

Advertisement