Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipped over on ice

Options
  • 18-12-2011 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I slipped over on the ice this morning.
    It would be nice if Louth County Council actually gritted the pavements.
    Its seems they don't even grit the roads though.
    They can afford to spend 3 Million on block paving Dundalk town centre, but they can't afford to grit it though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

They can afford to spend 3 Million on block paving Dundalk town centre, but they can't afford to grit it though.

Well that would increase commerce and business in the town center,being something beneficial in the long run while grits only there for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Buy some Ice grips (sold everywhere for the last 3 months) and walk in safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

This again:rolleyes:.Do you think that every wee lane should be gritted,every path salted ? Where will we get this money from? The Gritting cost's JF and that stuff aint cheap.The main roads get it all,just drive carefuly on the others ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Buy some Ice grips (sold everywhere for the last 3 months) and walk in safety.

+1

5er in penneys

Just on that, an eldery woman slipped on that square yesterday and broke her leg. I have nearly went down a few times myself on it, even without the ice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Lol, i slipped last year on the ice and hit my head on them poles that stop cars from going up on footpaths. Woke up on the ground with birds around my head!
    Was fcuked with pains in my back and stomach for a few weeks after it and and later found out i bruised my kidney's big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Best video ever!

Never gets old :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

This again:rolleyes:.Do you think that every wee lane should be gritted,every path salted ? Where will we get this money from? The Gritting cost's JF and that stuff aint cheap.The main roads get it all,just drive carefuly on the others ;)

Yes.
    The TD's can take a pay cut to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Just on the salt/grit it is actually very cheap imo.

I suppose the issue is the qty which is required.

• Advertisement

On a positive note, Dundalk Town Centre now has a new free ice skating rink.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

On a positive note, Dundalk Town Centre now has a new free ice skating rink.
    Wanna go ahead and expand on that ?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Wanna go ahead and expand on that ?

The Market Square in frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

But there hasn't been a harsh frost for weeks. I've been able to run every night ?

MugMugs wrote: »
    But there hasn't been a harsh frost for weeks. I've been able to run every night ?

You are mistaken.
    I slipped over on ice 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

You are mistaken.
    I slipped over on ice 2 weeks ago.
    I hear that the Town Council are going to employ a man to walk around in front of you, scattering salt(frosty days only for the salt,rose petals during other weather);)

I hear that the Town Council are going to employ a man to walk around in front of you, scattering salt(frosty days only for the salt,rose petals during other weather);)

I like the rumour.

While it is slippy even without the ice(could be my trainers) it looks quite well and cleaner. I passed last night about 9, fountain looked well and made sure to take my time on the square.

Doesnt feel like it's "the square" anymore tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

That's bloody it!

All the money on the fountain and now this... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Square looks tacky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah, a few weeks ago the square was a really slippy. And not the area around the fountain, the "footpath" part that connects clanbrassil st and Earl Street. You need to grit that. Clanbrassil street was fine then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

You've just got to grit your teeth and bare it.

old_aussie wrote: »
    You've just got to grit your teeth and bare it.

Bear (not bare).
    Nice attempt at humour though.

Advertisement