Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Fault

Options
  • 18-12-2011 11:04am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have had problems with our alarm system since last week. At first one LED went on me and I went outside to check last friday and they both worked? and now the bell box seems dead, no LED lights at all.. It was beeping this morning and the keypad says the following in the log
    1. 001 Unset
    2. 002: Battery OK Panel
    3. 003: Int. Fuse Flt Panel
    4. Ext. Fuse Flt Panel
    5. Battery Flt Panel
    6. Tamper Ext. Bell

The orange fault light is on the keypad with the following flashing messages: Int. Bell Fuse and Ext. Bell Fuse and date. I this just a case of changing the fuses in the panel or could my panel and bellbox be completely faulty?, I know there is something wrong with the bell box as already discussed :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for advice.

Edit: Model: Panel-HKC 812, New HKC Bell Box

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The best thing to do is take the bell down and connect it to the panel on a small length of cable. This will rule out an issue with the cable or the external bell. Either could be the problem especially since it has now blown the fuses in the control panel and is showing a tamper which I presume it has not done before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    The best thing to do is take the bell down and connect it to the panel on a small length of cable. This will rule out an issue with the cable or the external bell. Either could be the problem especially since it has now blown the fuses in the control panel and is showing a tamper which I presume it has not done before.

Okay, I will try using a multimeter and check the wires. If that is ruled out I will call the engineer to get HKC to replace the bell box.

Thanks for your help altor.:)

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Okay, I will try using a multimeter and check the wires. If that is ruled out I will call the engineer to get HKC to replace the bell box.

Thanks for your help altor.:)

Your welcome Mr_Grumpy,

I would also test the bell on a small length of cable before returning the external bell.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome Mr_Grumpy,

I would also test the bell on a small length of cable before returning the external bell.

Apologies in advance for dragging up this thread. We got an engineer out to look at the alarm for us. Turned out that the box was in bits when he opened it, all black and it seems that the bang we heard a few months back was the box blowing up!

He replaced the bellbox but we never got a NSAI cert and as far as I can tell it wasn't serviced, should it have been serviced while he was there?

We asked for the engineer code and he refused to give it to us because we might brake it!?

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Apologies in advance for dragging up this thread. We got an engineer out to look at the alarm for us. Turned out that the box was in bits when he opened it, all black and it seems that the bang we heard a few months back was the box blowing up!

He replaced the bellbox but we never got a NSAI cert and as far as I can tell it wasn't serviced, should it have been serviced while he was there?

We asked for the engineer code and he refused to give it to us because we might brake it!?

Thanks for getting back to us Mr_Grumpy.

If he just came out to fix the bell them he would not be given you a cert.
    If the system is up to the EN50131 standard and needs its yearly service then he should of given you a service report with any faults found and repaired.

He does not have to give you the engineer code, if the system is up to EN50131 then he can refuse as you could change settings that could make your system non compliant and your insurance invalid if your claiming a discount. If the system is not then he could of set the code to what you want it to be of left it at default for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement