Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New runners advice

• 18-12-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi everybody i currently run in asics gt 2160 but they are on there last legs after a hard years running so looking for some advice on my next pair. I slightly overpronate so that needs to be considered,i also signed up for the belfast marathon in may so will be upping my milage and i would like to run the marathon in them. I have been looking at nike but dont like the styling on the lunarglide have heard that triaxs are good but cant find them in any shops? Seen them online but want to try them on first and test them out.So i am open to any advice maybe i wrong about nike and should get something else,thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think I've seen the triax in Lifestyle sports. Any reason why you don't want another pair of 2160's?

You could have a look at saucony guide or brooks adrenaline if the 2160 suits you you might like one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

The 2160 are great they are my second pair of asics i just find they dont last very long on both pairs it wears away were my big toe is and end up with a hole in the top of my runner i even went a size down second time but the toe box area is to small.Lifestyle didnt have them down my way but will look out for some triax in other stores and will also look at saucony guide and brooks adrenaline dont know anything about these are they any good does anyone use them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Over the last 2-3 years I have found the upper mesh on the Asics very poor and wears away after a short period of running.

The saucony Guide work of an 8mm heel to toe drop and are alot lighter than the 2160.Brooks Adrenaline one of the most popular chices in support shoes but if you have low arches I would look at something differn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's the very reason I stopped buying them, my big toe burst through the last couple of pairs of Asics I had.
    I got my triax in Elverys.

The Triax is a lovely shoe but knowing Nike they will discontinue it and turn it into another lunar shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's the very reason I stopped buying them, my big toe burst through the last couple of pairs of Asics I had.
    I got my triax in Elverys.

A strip of Duck tape on the inside and Robert's your Mother's brother!

That would be a nightmare, it would be something extra for me to fidget with with my toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

That would be a nightmare, it would be something extra for me to fidget with with my toes.

I've had it in my Tempos for 150+ miles, don't even notice it there, if it gets you an extra month or so wear, give it a shot for 5 yoyos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Put it on the outside and look silly then maybe!!

Great idea though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Cant go wrong with Brooks adrenaline 11's. Amazing shoe IMO.

Ive also just bought a pair of Nike lunar eclipse from sub4.ie. They are advertised as a support shoe and they look awesome.

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I've had it in my Tempos for 150+ miles, don't even notice it there, if it gets you an extra month or so wear, give it a shot for 5 yoyos

I'm a fussy oul ****e so knowing it's there is enough to annoy me! I might give it a go although I'm trying to move away from shoes with lots of support etc like the holey kayanos I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

got a pair of 2170's from 2160's and they are great. must say I need to tie them not too tight as my feet are wide. Few days breaking in and they are very nice.

rom wrote: »
    got a pair of 2170's from 2160's and they are great. must say I need to tie them not too tight as my feet are wide. Few days breaking in and they are very nice.

how many miles have your ran in your 2170's?
    You do know you can buy a 2E fit which would accomodate your wide feet ;)

Advertisement