Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Flicker Thief

• 18-12-2011 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭

filmed in Dublin, adult steals a kids Flicker (so thats what they are called) and puts it in his Audi. classy dude. might be one for the main AH thread as I'm sure someone in AH would know him

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

silverharp wrote: »
    filmed in Dublin, adult steals a kids Flicker (so thats what they are called) and puts it in his Audi. classy dude. might be one for the main AH thread as I'm sure someone in AH would know him

scumbag of the highest order

if we could get a better view of the number plate itd be brilliant

Seeing him sizing it up before hand was even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Why didn't the chugger say something to him??! Is this the final proof that they have no souls?

Anyway what a bolix! Hope someone relieves him of his possessions in kind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hope they find him, effing scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it got mentioned on the rte news this morning, one of the newspapers picked up on it.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

GAAman wrote: »
    Why didn't the chugger say something to him??! Is this the final proof that they have no souls?

She's not a chugger. She's just collecting for a charity not hassling people the way chuggers do.

Anyway - hope the bollix gets caught. What a low thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I thought this was about some fella nicking photos from another person's Flickr account :pac:

Anyways, what an utter dick. He should be found handily enough given they got his face, his car, and now the media are on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Why not - there's already video threads about the racist train woman, the fare hopping lad and the sexual assault slag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    She's not a chugger. She's just collecting for a charity not hassling people the way chuggers do.

Anyway - hope the bollix gets caught. What a low thing to do.

You know what, you are totally right I retract my earlier statement but the point still stands, why didn't she say anything? Even if she had of shouted at him he might have got scared and left it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Nice of Joe Duffy to do the VO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

I've shared it on FB, someone must know who he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That CCTV needs an upgrade in quality.

Anyone find out what he said to the charity collector? Looks like they were talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd love to crack the bastards head wide open, dirt bag.

I'm going to copy this over to the Dublin City Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Absolute SCUMBAG!!!!! He's hardly strapped for cash driving a fairly new model audi!! What a fooking animal!!! I pray he gets caught!!! Am I right in thinking that it's outside the spar in knocklyon/firhouse/hunterswood???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hey, hey. Let's not judge just because he has an Audi, doesn't mean he is rich. He may have stolen that too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I can confirm the Flicker has been returned to the shop it is currently in police custody. Thanks for all the support I will remove the video and wish everyone a happy Christmas.

Message posted about 1/2 an hour ago on YouTube by the father of the child who had the Flicker stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What a ****. He deserves to have his legs broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Seems like the son of the guy who stole it had his flicker stolen. The Audi guy was eying it up thinking that was it and then settled on the belief that it was and took it. Obviously realised it wasn't and returned it. The video is been taken down soon cause it's all sorted. Happy enough ending I suppose. I'd have possibly done the same in his position if I felt sure that my sons stolen property was right in front if me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Seems like the son of the guy who stole it had his flicker stolen. The Audi guy was eying it up thinking that was it and then settled on the belief that it was and took it. Obviously realised it wasn't and returned it. The video is been taken down soon cause it's all sorted. Happy enough ending I suppose. I'd have possibly done the same in his position if I felt sure that my sons stolen property was right in front if me.

yes cause no 2 flickers look alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Sorry But whats a "Flicker"?

Video cant be viewed as it says its on Private:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

ronan45 wrote: »
    Sorry But whats a "Flicker"?

Video cant be viewed as it says its on Private:(

One of them newfangled three-wheeled scooter things. This thread was the first time I heard that name as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So a scooter :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I wished I'd heard this BEFORE I'd cover his car in paint thinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Vid not working anyone got a link please.

You know what really bothered me? The charity collector saw the little boy riding it in, the guy standing there watching him eye it up and then his stealing it and not once did it seem like she said anything.

Advertisement