Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicked from using an M320

Options
  • 18-12-2011 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I was playing BF3 the other day on a nice server. No clue what the server is called but i was kicked after killing people with the M320 (Grenade launcher)

I think this is ridcluous as one of the new assignments requires you to get 20 grenade launcher kills and if your going to get kicked your never gonna reach it.

I myself did get them 20 kills but in general is this a stupid reason to be kicked? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

not really considering most peoples opinions on the 320 and smaw.

a lot of servers have messages warning against both against infantry

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Stupid rules tbh! Getting kicked for using Soflam and Javelin as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I find anyone complaining about things done within the game rules to be fairly pathetic. I roll me eyes seeing someone die and then go "X-noob", where X is the weapon that killed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

If you play on a server you have to respect the rules of that server - or you get kicked, what is complicated about that?

noob tubing / grenade spam is allowed on lots of servers particularly noob orientated ones where people are just trying to get through their first few unlocks without any real thought about gameplay.

As people skills increase they often want to play on servers with less cheese and kiddie tactics so you get restrictions on noob tubing , number of snipers etc. in fairness it is usually spelt out in the server description before you join and in the welcome banner when you join the server. You also tend to get a few warnings from the server and /or human admins before you are kicked.

If you open a public server then it should be just that, "open". If you want to exercise some silly ruleset then go and play it on a private server!

• Advertisement

If you PAY for a server then you can run it however you want.
    Whether or not the server has enough regular players to keep it interesting depends on how happy they are with the way you have it setup.

its their server, if they want it noobtube free then thats their decision.

join a 320 friendly server.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If the server says no RPG vs Infantry then dont use it. SIMPLE!

Each to their own etc etc. Sure some servers dont even allow "Professional Players"!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

fenris wrote: »
    If you PAY for a server then you can run it however you want.
    Whether or not the server has enough regular players to keep it interesting depends on how happy they are with the way you have it setup.

Badly wrong. When someone rents a server they're contractually bound to obey EAs rules, and that includes a prohibition on limiting weapons or kits.

• Advertisement

Really?

EA had some rules regarding Ranked servers rented from EA directly.

However since EA are not providing the servers, that makes the rental of servers fit the definition of "Services Not Controlled by EA"

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section12 [tos.ea.com]
    12. Services Not Controlled By EA

Some products may give you the option of using EA Software on or through a service that is not controlled by EA. For example, you may be given the option to play EA Software online on servers not owned or controlled by EA. EA takes no responsibility for your use of EA Software on or through any such service and otherwise has no control over how those services are offered, administered or operated. Any such use of non-EA controlled services is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms and restrictions by the third party running the service.
    The only contract that exists such as it is is between the server provider and the person paying for the server.

I would also suggest tht my point regarding the population of the server being a function of how happy people are to play there under the rules enforced on the server stands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Really?

Yes, really:

Ranked Server Administrators:
    If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.
    Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:
    • Preventing players from being Commander or Squad Leaders
    • Preventing players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters, or tanks
    • Running knife / pistol-only servers
    • Preventing players from using all commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans). If using the Infantry-only server-side option, this should be clearly stated in the game's loading screen
    • Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule
    Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:
    • Limiting movement of combat assets, such as Titans, Ships, Aircraft and Vehicles during game play – Disallowing all aircraft for example is not acceptable.
    • Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured. However, in such cases, attacking the base with reasonable intent to take out assets (artillery, command outpost, or radar) are acceptable.
    • Limiting the use of artillery or any other single commander asset to a particular region of the map.
    Server Administrators will also violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they (i) use offensive server names, server art or clan tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in game.

That only apply to Ranked servers in games directly controlled/hosted by EA.

If I rent a server from a third party then I have no relationship or agreement with EA, a fact that EA acknowledge and actively wash their hands/insulate themselves from liability in their disclaimer regarding "Sevices Not Controlled By EA".

So the reality is that if I pay for a server from a third party then I can run it as I please, if people like how I run the server then it will be popular otherwise it will be empty. If I run hacks then PB will blacklist the server but in the end people will vote with their mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Kicked from using an M320
    Were you in a confined space with 8 other people at the time? :pac:

In a game about war, whatever about abuses like grenade spamming, is complaining about the weapon that the other guy has a bit 'not getting the point' about war.

That only apply to Ranked servers in games directly controlled/hosted by EA.

If I rent a server from a third party then I have no relationship or agreement with EA, a fact that EA acknowledge and actively wash their hands/insulate themselves from liability in their disclaimer regarding "Sevices Not Controlled By EA".

So the reality is that if I pay for a server from a third party then I can run it as I please, if people like how I run the server then it will be popular otherwise it will be empty. If I run hacks then PB will blacklist the server but in the end people will vote with their mouse!

Again, wrong.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1419188-first-look-bf3-pc-game-servers.html

The BF rules of conduct apply to any ranked server.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Man i hate that crap, poor lickle l33t players getting killed by noobtubes. yeah its annoying getting killed by an m320 or rpg but get over it, its a game for fecksake and they're used in war in real life as well. Usually try and stay away from servers like that but usually the same server bans weapon x and the mods bunny hop like idiots and rape bases. Vent at yourself but not at the player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some people take their gaming way too serious, a load of hoo haa over nothing imho.
    Games are meant to be a bit of craic.

EA rules can only apply where EA have a commercial arrangement with the Server Admin. If I rent a server from a third party then I have no relationship with EA, their rules become guideline and recommendations.

EA protect themselves with their disclaimer regarding "Services Not Controlled By EA", this wipes out any claim that you may try to take against EA and also highlights that the Server Admins may impose additional conditions/restrictions, that is a vital part of the disclaimer, it basically says "We don't control it, we told you we don't control it, so don't come crying to us"

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section12 [tos.ea.com]12. Services Not Controlled By EA

Some products may give you the option of using EA Software on or through a service that is not controlled by EA. For example, you may be given the option to play EA Software online on servers not owned or controlled by EA. EA takes no responsibility for your use of EA Software on or through any such service and otherwise has no control over how those services are offered, administered or operated. Any such use of non-EA controlled services is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms and restrictions by the third party running the service.

All clauses are not created equally, and you can bet that the ones relating to minor points of game play are well and truly trumped by those limiting the organisations exposure to liability it is a business after all.

You have to be in a commercial relationship with EA for the guidelines to be even remotely binding but the disclaimer of liability has a much wider scope.

You will find that rules relating to individual games are subservient to the overall TOS framework and in the case of conflict the TOS is the superior document.

Even without that legal/commercial stuff the reality is that there are enough servers to satisfy both tastes and they all form part of the revenue generation machine that is BF3, EA are happy as long as people are buying games and DLC, the last thing that they want is to be forced to make a decision that alienated a chunk of their addressable market.

Personally I think that if the server has rules/policies that I don't like then I play somewhere else, I don't ignore the server rules and actively try to ruin the game being played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

Personally anyone who bans a weapon is honestly just bad at the game and has a little hissy fit because they have been killed by said weapon.

I find snipers can't handle smaw and the 320 and tend to get bitchy when taken out if their little camping spot

bring back the 64 man strike at karkand pistol only servers!!!

• Advertisement

EA rules can only apply where EA have a commercial arrangement with the Server Admin. If I rent a server from a third party then I have no relationship with EA, their rules become guideline and recommendations.

Both EA and Dice have clearly and unequivocally stated that the rules of conduct apply:
    In Ranked mode, player progression is tracked on EAs master servers. Weapons are unlocked by playing the game. Player progression is also visible on Battlelog. The server administrators will have to abide by the Battlefield Rules of Conduct.

That is my point, EA and Dice can state whatever they like in their code of conduct but it has no teeth, it is just a guideline to the person with which they have a contract, it would be like Skoda trying to tell you how and when to drive your car.

The cover themselves by giving you information and recommendations but are not responsible if you do something different.

If EA's BF3 gameplay people were serious they could try to block server providers from running ranked games but would probably be told to get back into their box by EA as a business, as the trying to dictate how the games were run by third parties would be exercising control over the third parties, dissolving the protection offered by their carefully crafted disclaimer and potentially expose EA to litigation.

Forgot to mention myself and joeface were on a UK server and the admin kept giving out about RPG's on infantry. anyime i looked he was killed by an RPG. Looked like our team did their best to switch to engineer and noobtube him to death.

That is my point, EA and Dice can state whatever they like in their code of conduct but it has no teeth,

It's mandated through their Terms of Service though:

"Specific EA Services may also post additional rules that apply to your conduct on those services."

and in the case of the entire BF franchise, that's the RoC.

The lack of teeth is real alright but due to EA's own hypocrisy in having these rules but never enforcing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Ahhh... getting just like the old days in here again :p Listen let those of us who Spawn....Die....Spawn ....Die......Spawn ...Die worry about whats killing us,the rest of you are too good at the game to be getting bothered !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If you want to run loads of weird rules etc, run an unranked server.

EA have the power to unlist you from running a ranked server, leaving you paying your nice little contract with your third party supplier, but have noone on the server because you're a moron.

ALL servers if ranked should have NO restrictions whatsoever, and should be running the full game, all bells and whistles allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ALL servers if ranked should have NO restrictions whatsoever, and should be running the full game, all bells and whistles allowed.

Course they should changeable via the server config, ie if its in the game it can be enforced.

Anything outside that is pants.

Killed a guy with an RPG on a server, not my fault he jumped out to repair it and took the rocket in the back of the head......kicked.

Chances are that was an admin. Admins playing and admining at the same time is a bad idea.

Serously though when did servers\people start becoming so b1tchy, christ you could track people with the rpg's in BF2 and wipe out 5-6 players with the medic rocket attachment in 2142 and nothing was said. Ok there was a bit of whinging with noobtubes in bf2 but not much. Then all of a sudden in BC2 they started whinging about the karl gustav, the anti infantry rpg being used on infantry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

What?
    You can get kicked from using certain weapons? like the smaw or m320!?

This is only pc servers right? .. and not console?
    **edit** just seen its a pc thread. Hope this never, ever happens on console. Its a silly idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

LighterGuy wrote: »
    What?
    You can get kicked from using certain weapons? like the smaw or m320!?

This is only pc servers right? .. and not console?
    **edit** just seen its a pc thread. Hope this never, ever happens on console. Its a silly idea.

that because ye're all noobs on consoles :D

Advertisement