Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicked from using an M320

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

LighterGuy wrote: »
    What?
    You can get kicked from using certain weapons? like the smaw or m320!?

This is only pc servers right? .. and not console?
    **edit** just seen its a pc thread. Hope this never, ever happens on console. Its a silly idea.

Its generally on large (32+ player) Metro only servers because of the common choke/stalemate that occurs around B flag. So won't be a problem on consoles. On servers like that you can clock up over insane (over 100) kills with just an m320 when that choke develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Actually i found it complete pants on normal mode anyways. It's nothing compared to the BC2 or BF2 noobtube. Had to get the 20 m320 kills last night for the assault assignment, you really have to get it spot on or within inches of the target. fired it into the middle of a group yesterday and got some kill assists points, no kills though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

It's absolutely pathetic to complain about people using certain weapons. I sniped someone with an RPG yesterday and recieved a message calling me a noob. In fact I was awaiting a tank to roll around the corner and happened to glimpse an enemy soldier. I was forced to blow his feckin head off, but apparently he took issue with my method of doing so.
    I even remember been given abuse for shooting someone with bullets because I shot them in the back.
    THERE IS NO ETIQUETTE IN WAR!

With regard to having ranked servers with admin specific rules- complete bull**** and easily abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Best reply I have seen is on one server with admins shouting No RPG on infantry (spamming there own console messages)
    For some guy to turn up in a tank , and reply with " yeah guys no RPG on infantry and no Pistol on tank " ........class

This happens in all games eventually . Not sure what it is . I hate snipers in all games if one kills me I will hunt him down, I don't whinge about it. Same for all the weapons I hate , there is no point in complaining about them as at some point you will be using a weapon someone else hates.Just hunt the guy down and revenge kill. First I was an F2000 noob ,yesterday I got called an AEK noob. I hadn't even read any complaints about the AEK.

Back in the COD4 days when I was a server admin , We found the best way to have our server was light admin ,any weapon was fine. Spend more time gaming less time bitching. only ever banned hackers and the odd spawn raper.
    The only thing BF3 needs is Auto balance. everything else is fair .who cares if one side is stacked with better players. Get their tag's (wonda-boy loves this) , you only get better from playing better players.If someone wants to use RPG on infantry fine let them ,When u arrive in a tank he won't have any rpg's to take you out. IF he wants to use the noob tube , equip it and take him out with it ...see how he likes it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Joeface wrote: »
    The only thing BF3 needs is Auto balance. everything else is fair .who cares if one side is stacked with better players.

Auto balance is nice maybe, but how to implement? Thats not what EA wants lads. "The easiest game to play with your friends" is the marketing tag line for a reason. Team balance was fine before with the likes of CS - voice was not hugely used yet.
    I HATE when i see an admin manually split up players - especially since there is a good chnace they are in vent or teamspeak or even using the ingame "party" voice thingy. I WANT to play with squad mates i can chat with on teamspeak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yankinlk wrote: »
    I HATE when i see an admin manually split up players - especially since there is a good chnace they are in vent or teamspeak or even using the ingame "party" voice thingy. I WANT to play with squad mates i can chat with on teamspeak...

Other side is you can stab them and hear them whinge which is also fun :)

Almost got all of our mumble channel in one frenzied stab attack, ****ing mastercard moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't play, but are weapon numbers restricted? For example, only X snipers or Y RPGs per team?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Victor wrote: »
    I don't play, but are weapon numbers restricted? For example, only X snipers or Y RPGs per team?

T'would be great if there was a way of doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cant understand what everyones beef with snipers is lately, skilled class to play imo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sniper's are grand, it's when your playing a game of rush and more than half your team are snipers sitting miles back maybe getting 2 kills at the most and not even bothering about the mcom's. Absolutely does my head in. Sometime's I have tried to snipe like that but I always end up arming/deactivating the mcom's.

I prefer to use the recon class like it should be, im usually up fairly close to the action with a silenced sks and the mav spotting lads and also setting up a spawn beacon for the squad. That's how recon should be used imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

copeyhagen wrote: »
    cant understand what everyones beef with snipers is lately, skilled class to play imo!

Don't mind them in BF3 but in BC2 they got on my nerves as per what ktulu said. Africa harbour was a prime example you'd have the tank crew of 2, 10 snipers not moving an inch and maybe 4 trying for the m-com. noobcore servers were worse as everyone went snipers because chances were that 1 shot would kill.

Advertisement