Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa advice for Cuba from Dublin - HELP!

Options
  • 18-12-2011 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

We are travelling to Cuba on the 28th of December from Ireland but are flying from London with Virgin. I didn't know until today that we need a Visa before we depart - does anyone know if I go in person to the Cuban embassy here in Dublin with the relevant documents if I will get the visa on the same day? It's Christmas week and I don't think it will get to me on time if I have to wait for it to be posted... only 5 working days left until Christmas!! Help!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

OH and I went to Cuba a few months ago. It'll be fine.

I'm after forgetting the name of the place but it's on Dame street just beside the centra (the closed one). There's an office there which will do it same-day.

Ah wait, found them. Visa First.

http://www.visafirst.com/en/contact_us.asp

Just buzz in fill out the form and have the money to hand and if they're not busy you'll get it there and then. If not it'll only take a day or two.

Enjoy Cuba and be careful when tasting local delicacies! (I came back with a bit of a bug.......I've a delicate constitution!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 elcoburno

That's great chin thanks for getting back to me!

I'll be heading there first thing tomorrow so :)

Thanks for the advice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

elcoburno wrote: »
    That's great chin thanks for getting back to me!

I'll be heading there first thing tomorrow so :)

Thanks for the advice ;)

No worries.

If you're stuck wondering where it is. It's this door that's between peats and the end shop.

Enjoy Cuba. Just be wary of scams that go on. Don't buy any cigars that are offered to you in the streets (some dude came up and offered me charlie!). The locals will tell you about some salsa festival going on, that's bullsh!t too. Well that was in Havana. Might be different where you're going\staying. Oh and tip for everything!

Google Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Trailfinders do a VISA service also and I got mine on the spot... Had also left it til the last minute!!

Thanks that's great! Great to hear I have options - had a bit of a panic there for a while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,877 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Is it not best just to go to their embassay in Dublin? :confused:

Yea I'm going to go to the embassy tomorrow I rang the visa first place they said they don't do same day and can't guarantee that it will get there on time!

Advertisement