Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas panto

• 18-12-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Hi all

We are wondering where is the best panto in Dublin. We have 2 kids, 6&4.

We did some research and notices the gaiety was charging €30 pp. which is €120 before we even park the car.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Nanook

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Is this in the right section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

nanook wrote: »
    Is this in the right section.

It is, but perhaps some may not be too sure of what's out at the moment etc. panto wise. I'm afraid I'm not too sure of what's on / where this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Billybib

There are a few pantos around Dublin:
    The Gaiety, The Helix, The Tivoli and the Olympia.

They all have their merits. I have seen the Gaiety and the Helix. I found the Helix to be great value. The kids really enjoyed it. There is parking on site so there was no fuss. They do Family tickets.
    The Gaiety was good but as you say - a little bit expensive.
    I cannot comment on the other pantos as i have not seen them.

Hope you enjoy whichever panto you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Just back from the Tivoli and I'd have to say no other Panto compares to it. I was at the Gaiety last Sunday and I'd give that one maybe a 6 but I'd give Sammy Sausages in the Tivoli a 9. This is my fourth year in a row at the Tivoli and it's gets better and better. Star of the show for Snow White this year was Buffy - hilarious.
    The best thing is that the Dad's get a roasting.....

Advertisement